Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
RebelSwan

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 

I'm really showing my age here.  Daughter and I have both purchased her solo music (iTunes & Google Play).  Don't know why I was surprised that they can only be played via either player.

Seems like her choreographer - who has moved - used the same song for two different genres - so when dd competed a couple weeks ago she got the other kid's cut  (ours only fades out, hers is spliced together in parts).  I've asked her to send it to ME instead of the studio this time so I can label it and pass on, but I'm doubting this is going to happen since a couple of the other kids (with younger parents [wink] ) had to do their own edits.

This leads me to my question.  Is there a software I can convert this song to mp3?  I see in this forum a-la 2014 that Audacity is recommended to cut songs.  I need to get it out of the iTunes/Play players and make it work as a file.  Hopefully this this make sense?  Suggestions appreciated!

rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I would ask squirreltrench-he's a member on here and does it professionally. Other members have been really happy with his work!
dancingpeanut

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Here are the directions from Audacity to import a file from iTunes to edit and then to export it back into iTunes when you are done:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tutorial_how_to_import_files_from_itunes.html

It might be a bit overwhelming at first, but with some practice, it's not too hard to edit using audacity, good luck!
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
http://mp3cut.net/
AthleteArtistDancer

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
This is, I think, the easiest option for you. Zamzar is a website (not an app) that converts almost any file to any other format.  Upload your file, choose what format you want it converted to, enter an email where they can send you a link to the finished file, and download.  I use it for just about everything I need converted.  http://www.zamzar.com/
gandalf

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
From iTunes, click on the song, then click File->Convert->Create MP3 Version. Then select the newly created MP3 file and clicj File->Show In Windows Explorer. This will open a Windows Explorer window, and point you to your MP3 file. You can then use Software to edit, burn, etc. the music
dad_of_four

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Search around in this forum for SquirlTrench.
There is an art-form to cutting music, and he offers some good advice.
I never really paid attention to it, until I attended a friends recital,
and the music-cuts were terrible.

With a good cut, you shouldn't even realized there was an edit.
There's were so jarring, they took you out of the moment

NCKDAD

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Wavepad
aking9957

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
This is all actually pretty helpful. I always wondered why most studio teachers and choreographers carried Apple pc's, then I just figured out it is because of Garageband which I think might be easier than Audacity. 

I did find a MusicEditPro.com who does it professionally as well but a basic cut is $50.00
hsealover

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
DD cuts her own music most of the time for solos and for a lot of the other girls. DT and her decide what parts they want cut out. (letting DD take over because I have no idea how she does it, lol!) I buy the song, or download from YouTube, depends what is available, open iMovie on my phone(which is free), I put a plain black picture in, put the audio that I bought or downloaded over top of it, cut what I want and I play with it until it sounds good, I save the video, go to online-convert.com, I convert to mp3, then I email it to myself which I open on my laptop and save to my iTunes. Kinda sounds like a long process, but its actually not that bad. I'll never forget the time I carpooled with DT to Columbus for our first comp of the season and I had to cut everyone's solo music because she forgot the music! Ever since then, I've been doing it myself. I can usually do a basic cut of a song within 15 minutes, but varies depending on what I'm doing.
justmusic

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aking9957
This is all actually pretty helpful. I always wondered why most studio teachers and choreographers carried Apple pc's, then I just figured out it is because of Garageband which I think might be easier than Audacity. 

I did find a MusicEditPro.com who does it professionally as well but a basic cut is $50.00

In case anyone is still following this thread and looking for help...

GarageBand works wonders.
If you are looking to outsource it though MusicEditPro is great but unfortunately not accepting customers right now.

I founded just music (https://justmusicindance.com) and would be more than happy to help. As low as $12 for simple edits.

Cheers!

Noel

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 
I am always happy to take a crack at it for free. Just PM me. I like the challenge and love it when someone is happy with their music. Nothing makes my toes curl like awful cuts or music that just shuts off abruptly.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: