Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
dmjrm4

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I was just thinking about what led us all to dancemom.com?  How did you find this website or was there a particular topic that brought you to this amazing dance board?
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I saw an ad in a comp program about 13 years ago.  I have some amazing friends still from back in those early days.
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
A mom from my studio mentioned it. I'm glad she did. Mostly, my experience here has been good. I have learned a lot and I hope I have been able to contribute too. I think there maybe a few other studio moms that lurk here. I was stupid enough to give myself a super identifiable user name. But, no matter. I don't say anything here that I wouldn't say to anyone in person.
BCdancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I searched for dance forums, I was a brand new dance mom and needed to find some like minded people! I dont really have any "friends" here yet, but I sure do appreciate the words of wisdom, and the fact that the moms here "get it" My other non dance mom friends just have NO idea what this dance life is about...
NCKDAD

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I was looking for an answer for something and this popped up, so then got browsing the site. I didnt want to log on though with my info and get more emails, etc. so I created the account using my husband's info and forgot to tell him... until he got some strange  to him emails. Ha ha. But then he got hooked looking sometimes too so we both share the account now! 
rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
I found ballet talk for dancers first, and was scared off. [smile] It was definitely BEFORE the TV show though!
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I also found Ballet Talk for Dancers first and wished there was a more chatty, less moderated board. I came across both boards when I was searching for something else on Google. I found Ballet Talk when we were considering the switch to a ballet school for dd. Wish I had found this board before that, when dd was still competing. 
BCdancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendumom
I also found Ballet Talk for Dancers first and wished there was a more chatty, less moderated board. I came across both boards when I was searching for something else on Google. I found Ballet Talk when we were considering the switch to a ballet school for dd. Wish I had found this board before that, when dd was still competing. 

Ballet talk has SOOO many rules!! It's overkill.
Angel2228

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
I was searching for solo music on google and it sent me here [smile]
PrimaMomma

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
I don't remember exactly what I googled, but it came up.  I'm so glad, I learned a lot!!!

dancingymnast

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Someone on gymnastics forum recommended it. [smile]
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendumom

Me too.  
nicknoralove

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #13 
I was looking for info on recital costumes and this came up in my google search. I'm glad I found it - so many helpful comments from so many people here.
prancer

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #14 
I googled a specific topic and this board came up - but I don't remember what topic it was. I had participated in a gymnastics forum before and enjoyed it, so when I stumbled upon this forum, I signed up.
Mamala

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #15 
I am another one who googling some dance topic that I had a question about, and a link to this forum popped up. I cant remember what it was about now.
Momof3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
I honestly cannot remember. I had participated in other online forums before, so I'm sure when I found it, it was just a natural thing to sign up. Based on my sign up date, it was in the middle of our first competition season, so I'm sure it was something about surviving comp!
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
I became good friends with an old sponsor on this site and she led me to it!
DanceTumbleCheerMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
I cant remember. 
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
I was searching something dance related on Google and came across this site. Checked it out and became a member [smile]
dmjrm4

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #20 
I signed up many years ago but didn't utilize the site.  Then my DD started competition dance and I needed a place to discuss my "new normal".  I felt pretty isolated when DD started comp because it was taking up all of my time and I was plugging along in such a new world (for me).  My DD was more into comp dance then even the other girls at her studio, so I needed to "step it up" and find a community who could talk my new language.  I've received quite an education here.
stpierremom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Our old SO recommended it to me back in the early days.  I've learned so much here . . .
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #22 
I found it in a google search for something dance related (can't remember what exactly...hair related? butt glue? lol) and signed right up. I'm so glad I did. It led me to BTFD (which is not as fun but has been such an important resource now that DD14 is all about ballet) and I have learned so much about comp dance...leading me to being able to be much more informed and well spoken when making a case for what I want at the competition studio. I have made so many valuable friends here!
gandalf

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #23 
I typed dancemoms.com into the window, and voila, this site appeared. Now-a-dasy I just click on a bookmakr, Its really nmot that difficult
Dancinandlovinit

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #24 
It was 2008, and my dd was in class and I was flipping through a dance magazine at the studio. I found an ad in the back for a new company selling the Dream Duffel, I tore it out, and went home and googled it, trying to find reviews. It let me to this site. I bought that Dream Duffel by the way, and we are still using it. That was 9 years ago. 
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzit42
A mom from my studio mentioned it. I'm glad she did. Mostly, my experience here has been good. I have learned a lot and I hope I have been able to contribute too. I think there maybe a few other studio moms that lurk here. I was stupid enough to give myself a super identifiable user name. But, no matter. I don't say anything here that I wouldn't say to anyone in person.

Got my first "thumbs down" ever. Guess that means I am doing something right 😂
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: