Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Kfish1987

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My daughter wants a ballet barre for home use. As we rent, I do not want to mount anything on the walls. I found directions for a PVC ballet barre on Pinterest and was wondering if anyone has built their own barre before and how stable it is. She would like to stretch on it. Thanks
jemn

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #2 
funny you should ask...we're in the process of building that PVC version (for Christmas). I will keep you posted...

fishoutofwater

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
We gave DD this one for Cmas last year.  Very happy with it.

https://www.amazon.com/Vita-Vibe-BD48-Portable-Freestanding/dp/B003FBOIDG/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1482403561&sr=1-1&keywords=ballet+bar
dave9988

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
We are also happy Vita Vibe owners.
Midge

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
We built ours but out of heavy metal plumbing rather than pvc so it is very sturdy
ladybug1993

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 
We built the pvc one and our daughter loves it. In addition since it has to go in the middle of a room to use it can be easily taken apart to store under a bed or in a closet. We also use two door mirrors you can get any big box store and put them against the wall so she can watch her technique. So yet another way of not having anything permanent (we rent also)
threedancingdaughters

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Interested to hear opinions on this! We are thinking of making a ballet barre, but haven't yet. That vita vibe one looks nice!

I did buy some cheapie door mirrors at target during back to school sales for about $4 each and have them against a wall for our home "studio" [smile] DH is also building a "dance floor" out of some old wood flooring from one of the bedrooms we remodeled. Mostly just a place the girls can tap around without scuffing our nicer floors upstairs!

Bonbonmama

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Bought a VitaVibe double barre years ago and although DD doesn't really use it anymore, the quality is good and I would highly recommend it.
jemn

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 
following up on my post above -- hubby built the PVC ballet barre you find online. The one flaw in the plans is the "foot". They tell you to use 2 pieces of 10 inch PVC. It falls apart as soon as you put weight on it. Hubby replaced the 2 pieces with one 20 inch piece of pipe and it's sturdy now.  
Kfish1987

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Thank you jemn
DanceTumbleCheerMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
We built a DIY one for DD for Christmas and its PVC and the plans we used worked great, she loves it. 
Kfish1987

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #12 
I made the PVC balleg barre yesterday. Used 1 1/14 pipe. Though Lowes wouldn't cut the pipe for me, Home Depot did as there was hardly anyone on the store. The design has 2 barres. My daughter loves it. It is very sturdy. $45 total. My husband thought the design was too good to be true. Thank you Pinterest. Wish I could post a picture but I don't have that option.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: