Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
lblacksten

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
DD has company tryouts this Saturday from 2pm until at least 10pm.  They are asked to bring a snack to share with everyone and they usually end up with a table of food they can graze on during breaks to keep their energy up.  What are some of your go to's or high protein snacks that you can think of?
Kfish1987

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I usually get the cheese and meat platter at Safeway
dmjrm4

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Raspberries have good protein! My DD's favorite protein is yogurt.  You could bring a bowl of ice and put small containers of yogurt resting on top of the ice for the day.

On another note, why in the world do company tryouts last so long?  
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
The two things that kids liked in the studio that surprised me:  Activia yogurt (saw a kid eat bunches of these in a row....wouldn't want to be in the bathroom when that kid got home) and hard boiled eggs that were peeled.  I might go in with a few other moms and create a sandwich bar...someone brings turkey, someone brings condiments, someone brings buns, someone brings pickles, etc.
lblacksten

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
They have always lasted forever!! There are about 40 girls and they do skills, learn a combination, and perform in tap, lyrical, contemporary and jazz.  I guess it's the teaching of the combos and performing them in groups of 3 or 4
jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
If your studio is not nut free (ours is), home made trail mix in snack-sized baggies.  I do that for every comp (well not anymore!), basketball tournament, softball tournament and track meet.  Nuts have tons of protein, and by throwing in some raisins (plain or yogurt covered) or Craisins up the nutrition too.  Then you don't feel so guilty about throwing the M&Ms in too for color and a touch of sweetness!

tiptoemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
hummus with pita triangles, baby carrots, sliced red and yellow peppers and stick pretzels. When there were long Nut rehearsals we would also bring a blender and make protein smoothies. 
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #8 
There are recipes online for protein balls.  Very easy to make with just oats, nut butter and then whatever nuts, dried fruit or chocolate you want to add.  DS who is vegan swears by them for a protein fix.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.