Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
NYMomoftwo

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi! [wave]

I figured it was time to introduce myself. I've been a member for more than a year and lurking for a while, getting to know the place.

I have two girls who dance competitively--my sophomore is completing her fifth year of competing and my seventh grader is completing her fourth. Both have been dancing since they were four. 

Our studio is small and the kids get very personal, one-on-one interactions with their teachers. The choreography, music, and costumes are all very age-appropriate, and that is something we require in a studio. In class, the teachers focus on the fundamentals while still making the classes fun. On the team, they stress cooperation and teamwork, and there is little to no competition between the dancers. The support among them is outstanding and that comes from the SO, teachers as well as the parents. 

Since it's all not sunshine and roses, there are of course things about our studio that frustrate me sometimes, but I doubt any studio is perfect and my kids are happy where they are, which is pretty much the most important thing.

So, that's us. Nice to meet you all.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Glad to meet ya finally!  So you probably know all about us already since you've been watching for a year!  Sounds like you found a great studio.  Have you been at this studio the whole time?
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Welcome from NJ. I also have a sophomore dancer.
hsealover

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Welcome from Ohio! I have an eighth grader, she'll be a freshman in a few days!
nyklane

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Hello from CT!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.