Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Eightcount

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
And thank you! I found this site while waiting around at the SLC Nuvo this weekend. It was a great way to pass time. Between watching the talented dancers whose videos were posted on the site, reading all the insightful posts and the realization that what I thought were "unique" issues are actually universal issues, the convention flew by. So much knowledge here-I love it- so much I am sharing the site with other dance parents.

Anyway after 3 step kids and 8 of my own, it was number our lucky #11 that had dance pick her as a toddler, so not knowing there were dance classes offered before kindergarten, she started actual dance classes at age 5 and is currently an 8th grader. I've had other daughters who have danced, as in once or twice a week and one who did school dance team, but that doesn't even kinda compare to competitive dance complete with out of state competition/conventions.
We moved studios this year and I am still kicking myself for not doing it sooner. After moving I learned drama isn't everywhere, that studios exist with amazing, supportive parents, ones that have kids with incredible dance talent but who are also just great kids. From day one parents and kids took my daughter in as one of the family. I learned that technique, especially ballet is super important, that hours spent dancing make a bigger difference when the class hours are about quality not quantity, in a nutshell everything I thought I learned about the dance world over the years, isn't necessarily fact, so after 7 years on a competive team, I consider myself somewhat of a noob dance mom and have so much to learn[smile]
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi and welcome!
PrimaMomma

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Hello and welcome [wave]
SunCB

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Hello & Welcome!
prancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Hope you enjoyed NUVO.  It's my favorite convention.  Welcome.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Welcome!  So glad to have you here  [smile]
dmjrm4

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Yes, finding this website kind of changed my dance world.  It's awesome.
Klba37

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Welcome!
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Welcome!  You will find some excellent guidance on these boards!
IreneP

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Welcome!
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Welcome!
Eightcount

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Thanks for the welcome everyone[smile] this is my new favorite site
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.