Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
madisondancer27

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My DD ordered this costume for her solo and by the looks it appeared to have appliqués and we thought we would just have to stone it, but no it’s screenprinted on... any ideas on how to make it look more unique or custom per say? Also she wants a small skirt added to just the back any suggestions? Her first comp is Jan 27th!
https://www.alexandracostumes.com/costume/Secrets-Emerald-Crop-MD5206.html?i=2&q=Emerald&qi=42420442
kyrical2

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Add rhinestones along the screen print design.
prancer

PREMIUM MEMBER
Reply with quote  #3 
I really love this costume!  I would stone the screen print in aqua colored stones mixing some size 16 and 20s and perhaps mixing a few shades of aquas.  Then a band of aqua stones at the base of the waistband.  I would skip the skirt unless she is uncomfortable without it because there is nothing to hide the skirt attachment under.  Very pretty.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Pretty costume!  I would do the stoning that Prancer suggests.  [smile]
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Great costume!  I would also stone the screen print the same way you would stone an applique using similar color stones as the design in a couple different shades of that color just like prancer suggested above.

I'm sure a person who sews could add a skirt to the back if she really ones one, but I don't think it needs one at all.

I'm also a big fan of black diamond stones scattered on black mesh and I would consider adding some to those areas (front, back, arms) as well depending on the song and feel of the dance.
prancer

PREMIUM MEMBER
Reply with quote  #6 
Emmymom is right!  Black stones on the mesh is really beautiful. 
Jinkerbelle

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
So pretty! Please update when your finished! Previous posters have given you very good ideas! I especially agree with forgetting a skirt! I would order the black and shades/sizes of aqua stones and play with the layouts and take pics until you find what works. Then glue. I like that it is screen printed on actually. 😊
rubydancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
We ordered an Alexandra as well, and I love that it is all screen printed. So much more comfortable for DD to dance in. She opted not to have it stoned.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.