Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Midge

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I ordered a custom leo from this shop and the fit just isn't working.  The seller really worked hard, sending us a completely new leo, which is better, but still not quite useable.  The problem is the mesh (on ours, skin matching nude mesh) is way too stretchy and the weight on the chest pulls the neckline super low.  

Like I said, the mesh is nude, giving the illusion of strapless and backless.  I think I need to add straps of some sort, or maybe reinforce the shoulder seams, but I'm not sure.  I haven't ever had good luck with clear straps, do they make something in a nude mesh that wouldn't be obtrusive?  Or should I do black, though under the nude that will look weird.  Or...other ideas?
brizziemum

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Maybe use some nude straps off a nude convertible bra ( on  that comes with clear straps to attach therefore the nude straps come off). On this leotard it is hard to see the ideal attaching point as the front bodice line is horizontal. Depending on your sewing skills - you could actually cut a nude lycra/spandex lining to go under the mesh. I find mesh awful to work with as it stretches way to much and you either need a double layer or get a two way ( instead of four way) stretch.
Another option would be to get a  nude crop top style soft bra ( like the ones in fashion a few years back - "ahhh bras" they were called here ) one large enough to step into and sew it into the leotard.
Midge

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I was thinking of trying the nude straps, I wasn't sure how to attach them.  I was looking at bra making supplies and I couldn't find any of the loops for the straps to hook into.
karenc

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Can you post a picture?  Just from the description, I was thinking you could use invisible mesh pointe shoe elastic for shoulder straps.  It's wider & very strong but you can't see it on stage and its easy to stitch in to existing costumes.
amandafarris03

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
you can do a nude halter strap if it's JUST the front.  that way it will pull up the front without messing with the integrity of the back.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: