Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
ausdancemum

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My 15 year old DD has to choreograph a solo for school to the theme 'drought breaking'. The dance has to be in 3 parts and she plans to begin slow and gradually build up as the 'storm' develops.
We have looked at so much music but we are still both having difficulty finding an instrumental piece that starts slow and builds up to something big! Any song suggestions would be greatly appreciated and we are willing to cut and mix songs.
AtTheStudio

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
You might take a look at some of Jim Brickman's music. He has one song called "On a Rainy Day" but his music in general is very easy. Then maybe mix in some of Vivaldi's "Four Seasons."
StepLeap

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
"Sometimes When It Rains" by Secret Garden comes to mind.
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Check out music by Zach Hemsey.  He has some really wonderful stuff that would work!

http://www.zackhemsey.com/storebandcamp
Noel

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Adagio for strings as used in the movie Platoon.

Hans Zimmer Time
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Look up the different works of Nathan Lanier and also Nox Arcana.
dancingpeanut

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
There is a gorgeous piano piece called "L'Orage" or "The Storm" by Burgmuller. It was one of my son's college audition pieces and is one of my favorite things he's ever played. It can sound very different depending on the player, here is a very good rendition:
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Debussy's Printemps Modere and Tres Modere (one is part 1 and one is part 2, I think I have them reversed). Dd was in a ballet that used this music for rain. It actually did build up from what seemed like a drizzle to a heavier rain storm and then back down again. There are more parts to this suite as well, but I only am familiar with those 2 sections. They would likely need some cutting. The nice thing is that it isn't overtly rain music, but worked beautifully with the choreography and simple costuming to indicate what was happening (kind of like the snow scene in the Nutcracker)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.