Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Okay, my DD12 just came in here barefoot and I saw her feet!  Her toes and slightly back are kinda dry and red and scaly looking.  She had this problem a couple of years ago and I took her to the family doctor and then to a podiatrist who basically were no help at all.  For those of you who have ballet dancers, do you have any idea what this is and how I might be able to treat it?  Her toes look terrible.  She says they don't hurt but it sure looks like it would.  I will spare you a photo LOL.
camercad

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I like O'Keefe's foot cream for dry skin. 
melissa745

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Could it be athlete's foot?
jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
We call this "icky toes," and it plagued my youngest for years!

Aquafor or vaseline.  At night, slather the feet up, making sure to get between and all around the toes.  Then put on a pair of socks and go to bed.  

Also, look for socks with the highest percentage of cotton in them.  Our Dr told us 100% cotton socks which can be a challenge to find without going on line.

joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa745
Could it be athlete's foot?

I was wondering that myself, but the podiatrist last time told me no.  She has had this problem off and on since she was little.   I think I may just try an athelete's foot treatment and see if that works and if not I'll take her to a new podiatrist.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsqrdplus2
We call this "icky toes," and it plagued my youngest for years!

Aquafor or vaseline.  At night, slather the feet up, making sure to get between and all around the toes.  Then put on a pair of socks and go to bed.  

Also, look for socks with the highest percentage of cotton in them.  Our Dr told us 100% cotton socks which can be a challenge to find without going on line.

Thank you, I will have her try this too!
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Be very careful about using anything that will soften the calluses.  Ballerinas need those calluses and once they get soft, bad blisters happen.  
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I wonder if it is an allergy to talcum powder or to the padding.  I think it could also be that her feet are reacting to being wet for too long.  I would try changing out the padding and any other powder or spray she might be using.  If she is still having issues then maybe start using something that helps with moisture.
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Since I know your local to me:  if you are looking for a good podiatrist, I highly recommend these guys:

http://www.weil4feet.com/

When I broke my foot, I went to their office in Des Plaines.  They are awesome and very familiar with dancer's feet and ankle issues.  The daughter of DD's former studio goes there.  Her picture is actually on their wall because she was a Rockette for 9 years.  And Weil Jr isn't bad to look at either [tongue]
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
It's winter so they probably need air.  It's probably that they get too moist being in socks and tights all the time.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Thanks everyone!  My2Miracles, I went to their website and wrote their number down if it comes to that!
Lpr3

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Consider going to a dermatologist.  It sounds a lot like what my son's ezcema looks like.  The heat and sweat from the ballet shoes is a perfect recipe for a flair up.  And you can have it on the feet and no where else. 
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpr3
Consider going to a dermatologist.  It sounds a lot like what my son's ezcema looks like.  The heat and sweat from the ballet shoes is a perfect recipe for a flair up.  And you can have it on the feet and no where else. 

Wow I never thought of that!  Thanks for the idea; I do have a dermatologist that a couple of my older kids see.  
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: