Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Bc001

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
So this little girl has only done MT, acro, and open since she was 3.. were looking for something different.. she got a lyrical last year and did really well with it. Her solos right now are MT (I want to go to Hollywood) and lyrical (fly to your heart). I want a darker song so she can play a different type of character. I love the song castle by Halsey.. but I'm worried it's too old for her. Opinions? If you thinks it's too old do you have any other suggestions?! Please and thank you guys so much!!
dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
MT = ... musical theater?

DancerTilDawn

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
How old is she because there is songs I can recommend you
Bc001

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Yes MT= musical theater and she is 8
DancerTilDawn

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
WereWolf By Cocorosie=
#
Once Upon A Dream By Lana Del Ray=

Hide and Seek By Imogen Heap=
#
Breathe Me By Sia=

ManChester Orchestra By Colly Strings =
#
Its gonna be a long walk by aparat=
#

I Hope that helped a little and Castle By Halsey Is a great song too
Bc001

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you so much!!
dancingpeanut

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I believe Breathe Me is way to mature for an 8 year old, it is a song about someone struggling with self harm. If you want a "dark" character for a dancer that young, I'd go more the funny villian type thing than angsty.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I guess my question is why the rush to have her grow up so fast to do a "dark" lyrical.  She will have plenty of time for that later.
Bc001

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Honestly I just think it will be fun for her to learn something different. No heavy subjects or anything like that. That's why I was thinking castle or even once upon a dream I really like that one as well. She's always done fun, cute, up beat Disney or musicals. So we were just thinking a change would be nice.
NCKDAD

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
The dance style should fit the dancer's strengths, IMO, so if her teacher says she is ready for something like this then why not? 
Great suggestions already. 
I think that Castle is REALLY overplayed, but could still make for a good dance. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.