Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
ScottishDanceMum

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello!  I'm just starting to get into the competition world, and found your great community here!  My daughter is 7 and does ballet and tap [smile]
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Wow, you've "traveled" far to find us!  Welcome to the Board!  My youngest DD is 12, then I have a 15DD and 3 older kids too.
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Welcome from New Jersey!
dmjrm4

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Welcome from the mid-west United States!  You will love this board if your daughter is a die hard dancer.
ScottishDanceMum

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Thank you all!  I'm glad to be here!

I feel like we're a bit on our own... my daughter goes to a school who's focus is Highland Dance, but she has no interest in it.  She loves the tap and ballet classes, and has been asking to compete so she can try to get the shiny medals and trophies that her Highland friends bring home.  She's got a good aptitude for it so far, so we're looking forward to actually trying a competition and seeing what she can do.  We've got her music and costumes sorted, and her private lessons start in a week or so... fun!  I can't wait [smile]

tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Welcome from Canada!
BallerinaPaisley06

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Welcome!  I'm originally from Scotland (named my daughter after my birthplace) but have lived in Canada most of my life.  My DD is 10 and does Ballet, jazz, lyrical, acro and contemporary.
louandgrace

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Hi,
I'm in Northern Ireland. I lurk here all the time as all of DDs friends are Irish dancers, whereas we're into ballet, tap and modern jazz. Welcome to the board. It's nice to hear from someone who is 'almost' local!
HTownDanceMom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Welcome from Texas!
ScottishDanceMum

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #10 

What a lovely welcome!  Thank you all!

Tappinmom and BallerinaPaisley- I grew up in Canada [smile]   I moved here in 1999.  What parts do you live in?

LouandGrace - I feel like it's the same here... all of Daughter's friends are in Highland, and we are the lone ballet/tappers who aren't just doing it for extra Highland exercise.

HTownDanceMom - we visited Dallas and Austin this past fall.  Gorgeous state!  We had so much fun [smile]

tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishDanceMum

What a lovely welcome!  Thank you all!

Tappinmom and BallerinaPaisley- I grew up in Canada [smile]   I moved here in 1999.  What parts do you live in?

LouandGrace - I feel like it's the same here... all of Daughter's friends are in Highland, and we are the lone ballet/tappers who aren't just doing it for extra Highland exercise.

HTownDanceMom - we visited Dallas and Austin this past fall.  Gorgeous state!  We had so much fun [smile]

I am in Mississauga which is about 30 minutes NW of Toronto.
Dancinandlovinit

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Welcome! My daughter made a very good friend from Scotland while attending a ballet intensive (ABT California) a couple of years ago!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.