Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
rdm2017

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone. 

I think like most people who found themselves on this website, I'm trying to wrap my head around dance: comp vs prepro ballet vs recreational, good vs bad technique, job prospects, injury, age appropriateness of routines, everything, when to stay at a studio and when to walk away. It's a little overwhelming.

My daughter is almost 11, going to a good comp studio but not part of the comp team and is just happy to dance as often as possible. She wants to audition for a team but I'm not ready for that commitment so I guess I'm just a potential dance mom. [smile]
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Welcome from another NJ dance mom!

Your dd dances. That makes you a dance mom by definition. You don't have to compete to be a dancer.  [biggrin]

My dd left competition for a pre-pro ballet school by the time she was your dd's age. She only did group dances, never solos when she did compete. We were fortunate to fall into a pretty good comp school that did not emphasize large numbers of dances for each student. (Fortunate financially that is!). 

Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Welcome from another NJ dance mom, my dd is 16.

She's right, your dd dances, you're her mom, that makes you a dance mom!
hsealover

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Welcome from an Ohio dance mom! My DD is 14 and dances competitively while also taking classes at a ballet school. She's hoping to pursue musical theater one day!

eta: Agree, I definitely consider you a dance mom!
changole

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Hello! Welcome to the forum! It's a great place for all of those things [smile]
rdm2017

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. 😁
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.