Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
hopefuldancer17

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello, everyone. My daughter is 17 and will be a senior this year. She's been dancing since she was 3 and started at a classical ballet studio when she was 5. She's loved ballet her whole life, even when she's been frustrated with it or felt it didn't love her back. She's got her sights set on making some sort of ballet career happen, either with a trainee offer that leads to something more or the college BFA route. Thanks for having me!
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Welcome from another ballet mom.. although my dd started w/comp dance.  She's 17 now as well and looking to go straight out onto the bottom rung of the professional ladder in couple of years.  Funny (and scary) how it just creeps up on you, huh?
hsealover

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Welcome! My DD is 14 and plans to go the musical theater route! [smile]
tiptoemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Hi! I too have a 17  year old rising senior. My daughter is classically trained through 15 and then switched to a modern/contemporary program. she still trains in ballet 6 days a week, but her focus is on a BFA in a modern/contemporary program. Good luck!
hopefuldancer17

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks, everyone. [smile] 
karenc

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Hi!  Your daughter sounds just like mine!  She just turned 18 last week & is a senior in high school.  Strictly ballet school since the age of 3 and now looking at college/audition options.  She really would like to serve the dance community as a physical therapist some day but hopes to dance first herself. 
hopefuldancer17

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Karen, my daughter has considered PT too, though she's not really sure what she wants to do after dance/if dance doesn't work out. She mentioned once in passing the idea of teaching at a university, which shocked me as I didn't think that was something she'd consider.
Dancingqueen

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Welcome [smile]
dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Welcome!

DD14 seems to be on that same track, with a similar background.  And yes, while exciting, it's coming fast and there's a lot to wrap my head around.  DD11 has more time, and is less likely to pursue a career in dance. 
bonbon

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Hi! my dd is 13.Classical ballet but have not set our sights on anything.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.