Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Marina

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone, my name's Marina and I live in Florida, USA. I am mother to a little 5 year old girl called Anastasya. DD has been doing ballet since she was 3. She is very dedicated and shows great promise and has plans to pursue dance as a career when she grows up. I was a professional ballerina when I was younger. I now homeschool my DD.
dancingpeanut

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
When DD was 5, she wanted to be a cat when she grew up. She was also very dedicated, but sadly, didn't show such great promise and her dream was squashed.
4boysmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina
Hi everyone, my name's Marina and I live in Florida, USA. I am mother to a little 5 year old girl called Anastasya. DD has been doing ballet since she was 3. She is very dedicated and shows great promise and has plans to pursue dance as a career when she grows up. I was a professional ballerina when I was younger. I now homeschool my DD.

That is an interesting spelling of Anastaysya. Very different since it was spelt differently in a previous thread. Which one is it?
kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Meow.  
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingpeanut
When DD was 5, she wanted to be a cat when she grew up. She was also very dedicated, but sadly, didn't show such great promise and her dream was squashed.

Mine aspired to be the lunch lady at school because....well, the lunch lady is cool....but that was at 5.  At 3?  All I can think of is that she aspired to not have her dad brush her curly and tangled hair anymore.  So maybe she aspired to be bald?  I guess on that point she also failed.
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Poptarts
1tinydancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Where are you originally from? Your typing doesn't read as if you're from Florida or have even been here a while.
Marina

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #8 
4boysmom it's spelt Anastasya.

1tinydancer I was born and raised in Brazil.
hsealover

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Hello from Ohio! I have a DD14. She hopes to be on Broadway someday!

Edit:  If she doesn't pursue dance, she'd like to be a meteorologist.
EJIDance

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
My dd's best friend is named Anastasia, Nastia for short, but her mom is from Russia and dad is from Ukraine. I am an artist and my dd wrote in her little kindergarten survey that she wants to be an illustrator. She is now in fourth grade and still wants to be a writer/illustrator. Not everyone aspires to the greatness of being a cat, even at 5. [wink]
Marina

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #11 
hsealover: Hello! It's great for kids to have big aspirations and dreams!

EJIDance: Hi, my husband is Russian and my mom is Ukrainian. We call Anastasya both Ana and Nastya for short :-)
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina
4boysmom it's spelt Anastasya. 1tinydancer I was born and raised in Brazil.

So when you posted this:

Hi! I live in Florida too and am also new to the website! I have a 5 year old daughter called Anastasia, she's done ballet since she was 3, she has big plans for the future and wants to pursue dance as a career. 

had you forgotten the correct spelling? Or did you just decide to change it?
Marina

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #13 
dancermom128: It's always been spelt Anastasya, it was a typing mistake.
1tinydancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
I forgot to ask what part of Florida? North / Central / South? I'm Central but we compete all over. I know there are a few of us on here from Florida now.
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Welcome! Don't let others scare you away [smile].  People here are suspicious because you said in the other thread that your dd5 shows great promise.  Recently my DD15 started assistant teaching for what her studio calls the Itty Bitty class (3-4 year olds).  I was amazed at a tiny little girl who at 4 could do things I've seen 6,7,8 year olds were struggling with.  She too shows great promise so it happens.   Enjoy the process.

I know a several kids who've made career announcement at 5 and stuck to it.  My niece at 5 said she wanted to be a doctor and never waivered.  She just graduated with her undergrad in pre-med.  While it may not be the norm, it definitely happens.  Can it change, yes.  But that doesn't mean it should be discounted.
Marina

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #16 
1tinydancer: We live in Orlando but Anastasya isn't competing at this stage. We plan to start competing next year.

my2miracles: Thank you so much for you lovely welcome! Thank you so much for understanding! And just because Anastasya says she wants to be a ballet dancer now doesn't mean she won't change her mind, just like you said. At her age I wanted to be a vet, which definitely changed as I grew older!
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Is that your daughter in your avatar?
Marina

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Yes, that's Anastasya in my avatar
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Liar liar pants on fire...
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 
How do you think Ekatarina will feel that you are saying her daughter is your daughter? Do you know how much trouble you can get in for stuff like this? This is someone's 7year old child.
DanceTumbleCheerMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancermom128
How do you think Ekatarina will feel that you are saying her daughter is your daughter? Do you know how much trouble you can get in for stuff like this? This is someone's 7year old child.

Your kidding right?  I cant believe someone would actually use a picture of someone else's child and try and pass it off as their own.     I have lost all faith in humanity. 
nowmomto3

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #22 
I am amazed at the lengths people will go to get attention 😳
dancingpeanut

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 
I figured OP was a fake as soon as I saw her post. Those of us who have been here awhile know the red flags by now. Posting pics of someone else's child claiming they are yours crosses a very creepy line to me.

For those of you who may be lost, the little girl in the OP's picture is a professional model whose name, mothers name and info is readily available. Her name in not Anastasya, her mother's name is not Marina. For whatever reason, Marina is just another in a long line of trolls who show up here regularly.
dancingpeanut

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2miracles
Welcome! Don't let others scare you away [smile].  People here are suspicious because you said in the other thread that your dd5 shows great promise.  Recently my DD15 started assistant teaching for what her studio calls the Itty Bitty class (3-4 year olds).  I was amazed at a tiny little girl who at 4 could do things I've seen 6,7,8 year olds were struggling with.  She too shows great promise so it happens.   Enjoy the process.

I know a several kids who've made career announcement at 5 and stuck to it.  My niece at 5 said she wanted to be a doctor and never waivered.  She just graduated with her undergrad in pre-med.  While it may not be the norm, it definitely happens.  Can it change, yes.  But that doesn't mean it should be discounted.

Go ahead and thumbs down all you want, but Marina is a fake, pure and simple. She has posted a picture of someone else's kid and flat out claimed her as her own. I don't know if you are just naive or what, but time after time you defend people who turn out to be trolls. Just an FYI, if a Nigerian prince emails you about a wire transfer, that's fake, too.
carriesmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 
It's one thing to come on a public forum such as this and invent a persona and a "story" as this Marina person obviously did.  But to me it is another thing entirely to steal a picture of someone else's child and drag them into an elaborate lie.  To me that crosses a line - and is downright creepy.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: