Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
shewolf

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello [biggrin].. I hope everyone has had a Merry Christmas.  I guess I need to introduce myself.  My name is Melinda.  I have a five and a half year old daughter named Ayvah.  We live in SE Georgia.  Ayvah started taking Dance when she was 16 months old.  She also started Gymnastics at 4.  She currently takes Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop.  We are not currently doing Competitive dance only because of the cost but hope to in the future.  I danced from a child until high school and a few years recreationally as an adult (a LONG LONG time ago LOL).  I love the fact that my child showed interest in it and she is either dancing or cartwheeling most of the time or watching it on You Tube.  She is in LOVE with the STAGE.  There are 3 dance studios in our town.  Until this year we were going to two of the studios at the same time  and I am friends with all three studio owners.  To the point that I helped the studio I did not dance with do their show and me and my daughter worked backstage.  We live in a small community and the term dance moms really fits here.  That does make it difficult to vent, chat or even talk about dance at times.  Were all friends when were doing hair makeup and trapped in a studio for hours or playdates.  But share a dance song, costume idea, solo or competition and it can easily be snapped up or vent and someone's feelings could get hurt quickly.  This is a place that I can talk freely with other moms who may get me.....
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Welcome to the group!  Yep lots of vents here. . . Jump right in!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: