Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittenmom3
My dd13 isn't quite vegetarian, but most definitely could be with no problem.  She's not my meat eater.

I was going to suggest hummus and pita, rats!!!!  Is it the garbanzos?  I have a good white cannellini bean hummus that's smoother in flavor.

Otherwise, does she do eggs?  Hard boiled egg or egg salad in a pita.  We are also very big on power smoothies.  PB, banana, vanilla greek yogurt, milk, pkt of carnation instant breakfast (chocolate or vanilla).  String cheese or cubes with crackers.  I also will bake up potatoes for dd to heat up with some shredded cheese and broccoli cheese sauce (green giant frozen) as a quick light meal.  We also love a trail mix of cashews, multigrain cheerios, raisins/craisins, few m&ms thrown in for good measure. [smile]

Do you make the cannellini hummus or is it store bought?
Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoesx2
Quote:
My dd13 isn't quite vegetarian, but most definitely could be with no problem.  She's not my meat eater.

I was going to suggest hummus and pita, rats!!!!  Is it the garbanzos?  I have a good white cannellini bean hummus that's smoother in flavor.

Otherwise, does she do eggs?  Hard boiled egg or egg salad in a pita.  We are also very big on power smoothies.  PB, banana, vanilla greek yogurt, milk, pkt of carnation instant breakfast (chocolate or vanilla).  String cheese or cubes with crackers.  I also will bake up potatoes for dd to heat up with some shredded cheese and broccoli cheese sauce (green giant frozen) as a quick light meal.  We also love a trail mix of cashews, multigrain cheerios, raisins/craisins, few m&ms thrown in for good measure. [smile]

I make hummus at home. I've used cannellini beans and black beans in place of garbanzo beans. Works great. Dd likes roasted red peppers in hers
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmom
Quote:
Quote:

I make hummus at home. I've used cannellini beans and black beans in place of garbanzo beans. Works great. Dd likes roasted red peppers in hers

Could you share your recipe?
Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I just use basic hummus recipes fro Pinterest. The only odd thing you'll need is tahini paste. It's ground sesame seed paste. Add in things you like. I put jarred roasted red peppers in the blender and just put it on top. You can add cilantro, cumin and lime juice for a southwestern twist
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I just use basic hummus recipes fro Pinterest. The only odd thing you'll need is tahini paste. It's ground sesame seed paste. Add in things you like. I put jarred roasted red peppers in the blender and just put it on top. You can add cilantro, cumin and lime juice for a southwestern twist

I just looked on Pinterest and pinned a few [smile]
3dancermommy

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Check out quinoa fritters on pinterest.  Just made it this weekend.  So filling and good!
Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Dd18 makes protein smoothies. I find them disgusting but she loves them. They're made with 2cups crushed ice, 1 cup coconut water, 1cup coconut milk, 1 tsp agave syrup, 2 tablespoons rice protein powder, 1 tablespoon peanut butter powder, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 1 tablespoon goji berries, 1 tablespoon cacao powder. Mix is a blender until very smooth
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: