Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
cheeranddancemom03

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Any smoothie recipes you and your dancers swear by?
jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
We don't really use recipes!  Usually just frozen fruit (dealer's choice), plain greek yogurt, and a little milk, orange juice or pineapple juice to thin as necessary.  We also will throw in some whey protein and/or some chia or flax seeds for a little extra nutrition.  As far as frozen fruit goes, you can buy the frozen fruit mixes (Sams and Costco both have good ones) or just freeze what is in season yourself.  If I have bananas that are on the border of too ripe, I usually throw them in the freezer for use in smoothies.

You can add some other options.  I know one of my friends likes to add kale and beets to her smoothies, but as much as I love both of this vegetables, I do not like them in smoothies!
Intheburbs

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
You can use a LOT of frozen or fresh spinach or other greens and not really taste it if you add pineapples and lemon juice in there which is also good for you anyway. We do about half the blender greens (frozen spinach or salad mix) a couple tablespoons of chia seeds, frozen mango and pineapples. We use juice or almond milk and recently added hemp protein powder. Best way my kids get a lot of hearty greens.
Mittenmom3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
A few we like. I don't do recipes either for smoothies. I just try to get it to a nice consistency.

Tropical fruit smoothie

Plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
Frozen tropical fruit blend, I use dole with mango, pineapple, strawberries, etc
1 frozen banana
Frozen orange juice concentrate, about 1/4 cup
Enough water to make it thick and creamy

Peanut butter smoothie

Vanilla Greek yogurt
Pkg chocolate or vanilla instant breakfast
Honey
Peanut butter
Milk

Power green smoothie

Cucumber
Baby spinach
Green apple
Frozen pineapple
Green grapes
Sectioned orange and juice
Juice of a lemon

gymanddance

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Google the Dr. Oz three day cleanse. The Breakfast smoothie is tasty and full of nutrients. 
OHDanceMom73

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Check out Foodbabe.com or 100daysofrealfood.com and search smoothies.
Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Rice protein powder
Powdered peanut butter
Chia seeds
Ground Goji berries
Cacao powder
Coconut milk
Coconut water
Ice
Agave
1 tablespoon of each dry ingredient
1 cup of each liquid and ice
1 teaspoon agave

DianeMcKnight

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #8 
For DD, I just use frozen strawberries, banana, mangoes, Dairy free ice cream, and rice milk.

If you want to make it healthier, just remove the ice cream from the equation! 
mom2tall

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Chunky Monkey - banana, dash of chocolate syrup, scoop of peanut butter, milk and a few ice cubes. 

Also, as mentioned above, frozen fruit from Costco, scoop of greek yogurt, something liquid to thin it with, flax seed, chia etc and some banana.  DD likes to add spinach.  Avocado also adds great fats and creaminess.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: