Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
froggie1ster

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #26 
We've been at the same studio for 11 years and have no plans to switch, ever. We lucked out. Great SO, great teachers, sprung floors, quality facilities, comparable pricing, all less than 10 minutes from our house.
Angel2228

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Dds been there for almost 10 years, since she was 5. I don't think she will make it with her last 3 years though.
Bonbonmama

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #28 
DD was at her first studio from age 3 to age12. At current studio for pretty exactly 3yrs now, and planning on staying here until senior in HS (she is a freshman).
EvryDayShufflin

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #29 
We have happily stayed at the same studio for 13 years. Ironically it is also the studio my mother wanted to switch me to when I was a pre-teen - but I didn't want to leave my friends. I later regretted that decision as an adult - which is why I started my children there from the very beginning.
NCKDAD

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #30 
DD was at a studio for 3 years. It was sold and at the hush hush suggestion of the former SO and her DT we moved on to a ballet studio. We spent 3 years there but also during those 3 years did a year precompany and then into petite company at current studio. (All full disclosure to both studios up front. After 3 years she could no longer meet the schedule requirements of her level at both and she chose competitive dance. Been there a total of 6 years (first 3 overlap).

What works is size of studio/team, level of training, enjoyment, team dynamics, opportunities and cost (less than others in area)...
JulieDB

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 
The main reason we changed is because we moved from NY to WA. However, had we stayed in NY, I am pretty sure we would have changed. Why? The studio we were at did not impress me. I had seen another studio and was going to look into going there. But several other moms informed me that "we" (meaning the military people) put our kids in the other studio that I did put her in. I learned after the fact that none of these moms had a dance background. So I'm pretty sure they didn't know what to look for.

We just got lucky when we moved here. Our kitchen wasn't fully functional so we went out to eat. On our way into the restaurant, I saw the receptionist from the dance studio. I hadn't even noticed the studio. I just saw her tote bag with the name. I followed her. I don't even think the studio was open that day. But she told me about it, when their open house was, and we went back and signed up.

Since then, she has tried some of the other studios and we weren't really impressed there either. Not because we wanted to move studios but there was not enough interest in advanced tap where she was. So she tried out some of the others only to discover that she was more advanced than they were.

On the plus side, she did try out a clogging class when it became apparent that there was no suitable tap class that worked with her schedule and was close enough to be doable. Because she had taken so much tap, she caught on to clogging right away. Just took her a little while to work out the differences with the shoes.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: