Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
BreezysMom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My DD is finally 13 and on her way to the teen category at comp.  No more having to show up for her solo at 8 am and not having her dance again until what seems like a million hours later. Even better no more solo on one day and every other dance on another!!!!!  Sometimes it's the small things [biggrin]
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Our comps are all over.  They usually have novice all on one day and then rec all on one day but competitive routines can be anytime.  The only consistency is that they do put the littles early and the older ones later.
jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I wish you the best of luck with that thought, but even as a teen/Sr, it is very rare that Ash has all of her dances in one day!  Usually, either her solo, duet or Production is on a different day from the rest of her dances.  This year, twice her solo was on a different day, and once her duet was a different day.  I think since she turned 12 and aged into Teen, she has had only 2 comps where all of her dances (including solo) have been on the same day!  
BreezysMom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I'm ok with having more than one day. My happiness is more geared towards the hours between the jr acts and the teen/sr acts. 3 out of the 5 comps we did had her going very early for her solo and then not dancing again until way later in the afternoon. Its tough to dance at 8 am and then wait around until 2 to dance again.
crafty1

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
DD is a teen. This year, most of the time her solos were on a different day than her groups. I do want to mention that she was in two lines/productions this year. We did have a few comps this year that did not need us to to be there on Friday at all. The only one that scheduled her solos for Friday night was the one night we could not be there, so they wound up scheduling her early Sunday morning.

You just never know. I hope everything works out for you.
Klba37

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom
My DD is finally 13 and on her way to the teen category at comp.  No more having to show up for her solo at 8 am and not having her dance again until what seems like a million hours later. Even better no more solo on one day and every other dance on another!!!!!  Sometimes it's the small things [biggrin]

DD13 has been in teen category for the last 2 years. Hate to tell you but we had Teen Duet Friday Evening at 8 PM (Awards 11 PM), Small Group dances at 8AM on Saturday a few time with Teen Production on Sunday late afternoon then awards late. I think all competitions do it different. We have Nationals coming up with Teen Small Groups at 8 AM for Advance one day and 8 AM Competitive the next day. 
BreezysMom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
LOL! Thanks everyone for your responses.  I am basing my happiness off of the comps we went to this year and her being in 1 age division instead of 2 would have simplified my life much more. I certainly understand that it won't always work out in my favor, but more often than not it should be easier for us this way.
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Dd will be a senior this year at all comps for her solo but groups will be teen/senior based on comps as our oldest seniors are 16 with most being 15 and a few 14s. You many not have the earliest hours but I can tell you the late solo sections are not much fun either. Dd has a tap solo so is almost always at the end. She has danced at 11:30 pm after groups earlier in the day or no groups that day at all and just had to go at 10:30-11 pm for her solo. After awards it was sometimes 12:30, 1 am. Not fun!
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #9 
When DS was little I always groaned about the early call times.  Sometimes we had to leave our house at 4AM for a 6AM call time and 8AM dance time.  It was brutal with a 4 year old.  Once he got to around 9 most of his call times were in the late morning/early afternoon which was perfect except it really cut up your day.  As a senior he ALWAYS danced after 8PM and a couple of times as late as 10PM so I complained about the late nights.  Sometimes you just can't win.  [smile]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.