Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
ExpatDanceMom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 

Hello - 

We are an American family living overseas in Singapore. Two of my children have been dancing for many years - ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, contemporary. We expect that within the next two years one of them may begin looking at dance programs in the U.S. as part of his college applications. I'm hoping this forum will help me to get a sense of how dance programs are structured in the U.S., and what we need to do here in Singapore to adequately prepare him for whatever he chooses to do next.

Thank you of allowing me to join your forum!

tiptoemom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Welcome to the board!I have a senior daughter who is currently going through the application/audition process for BFA programs. You definitely want to start the research early!
ExpatDanceMom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Oh believe me - we are starting early, because I *know* have absolutely no clue about BFA programs. [confused][rofl]

My son is currently in 8th grade. For Christmas this year we gave him a copy of Elaina Loveland's book, "Creative Colleges."  It's going to be an interesting ride. 

Best of luck to your daughter (and you!) as you navigate the admissions obstacle course!

tiptoemom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
thank you! There are a few threads on here about the college bfa process. This year's is titled 2018 class (or something like that[wink]

Check out Ballet Talk for Dancers. You'll need to register to view all of the topics, but there is a lot of information there. There is also a forum just for reviews and information on different college programs.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.