Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
bw182

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 344
Reply with quote  #26 
http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/sydney-dance-teacher-grant-davies-pleads-guilty-to-child-sex-and-pornography-charges/story-fnii5s3x-1227537355794

He pled guilty- to be sentenced next year.
0
beachgirl

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,468
Reply with quote  #27 
I am more disturbed by the mother mentioned at the end of the article!
0
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,928
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgirl
I am more disturbed by the mother mentioned at the end of the article!


Me too.
0
emmymom

Avatar / Picture

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,470
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoesx2
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgirl
I am more disturbed by the mother mentioned at the end of the article!
Me too.


Ummmm...The mother is sickening!
0
tendumom

Avatar / Picture

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,931
Reply with quote  #30 
I remember reading the story about the mother. I wonder if she will have custody of her own children when she is out of prison. 
0
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,928
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendumom
I remember reading the story about the mother. I wonder if she will have custody of her own children when she is out of prison. 


I hope not. As far as I'm concerned she gave up her rights when she took that first picture.
0
IreneP

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 418
Reply with quote  #32 
"She feared he would punish her children by kicking them out of starring roles"... because a starring role is more important than your daughters well-being, right?
Just beyond sickening
0
tendumom

Avatar / Picture

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,931
Reply with quote  #33 
What was that other article posted here recently.. something about Success by Proxy... Achievement by Proxy... something by proxy. Whatever you call it, this is it to the extreme. It is still very hard to fathom that a parent would fall prey to this extreme. 

This makes me wonder about the quasi-local studio owner who was accused on more than one occasion of recording dancers changing. He went into the pre-trial intervention program after the first publicized case. The studio changed names. They stopped putting faculty last names on the website.  Not sure that anything happened after the second case but the studio did close not long after. I know they (he and his wife) moved from the area. Still what he allegedly did (and it's hard to believe he didn't... the second case was a father who picked up the feed of dancers undressing on his blue tooth back up camera) is small potatoes compared to this case!
0
tappinmom

Avatar / Picture

Double Diamond Member
Registered:
Posts: 13,097
Reply with quote  #34 
He is sick and I'm glad he got what he deserved but the mother is equally as sick and should not get her kids back at all.  What mother panders their children to a pedophile.
0
armydancemom

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 174
Reply with quote  #35 
I feel sick to my stomach after reading what that "mother" (and I use that term lightly) send sexually explicit photos to a pedophile and then claimed she was afraid they'd lose out on starting roles or kicked out the studio! People let fame go way to far to their heads....
0
lotsofdancers

Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 71
Reply with quote  #36 
omg. I cannot believe a mother would sell out her daughters for dance opportunities.  That is just sick.
0
melissa745

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,411
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IreneP
"She feared he would punish her children by kicking them out of starring roles"... because a starring role is more important than your daughters well-being, right?
Just beyond sickening


that's why the dance moms show is still on tv, isn't it?
0
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,514
Reply with quote  #38 
This reminds me of an article I read recently:

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2015/09/gymnastics_coach_marvin_sharp_molestation_allegations_suicide_the_specter.html
0
DANCEKITTY

Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 77
Reply with quote  #39 
The story keeps getting worse! It looks like Davies sister is being investigated and will be in court about any previous knowledge of abuse. She's still teaching.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-04/victims-of-paedophile-dance-teacher-grant-davies-give-evidence/7220026
0
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,059
Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANCEKITTY
The story keeps getting worse! It looks like Davies sister is being investigated and will be in court about any previous knowledge of abuse. She's still teaching. http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-04/victims-of-paedophile-dance-teacher-grant-davies-give-evidence/7220026



She came to dd's studio last year.  I refused to let her go...
0
Angel2228

Avatar / Picture

High Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 565
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANCEKITTY
The story keeps getting worse! It looks like Davies sister is being investigated and will be in court about any previous knowledge of abuse. She's still teaching.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-04/victims-of-paedophile-dance-teacher-grant-davies-give-evidence/7220026[/QUOTE
I did read the article.
One part it mentioned that they were all required to dance without underwear so there would be no lines.
Isn't this normal? I don't think dd has ever worn undies in her costumes. (however they do wear tights for most dances)
I am in no way condoning their behavior, but that part sort of lacked credibility with me.
0
Jacaranda

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,066
Reply with quote  #42 
She teaches everywhere! She travels doing workshops at dance studios all over Australia specialising in strength, flexibility, leaps, jumps and turns.
0
tendumom

Avatar / Picture

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,931
Reply with quote  #43 
I agree, Angel2228. Not wearing underwear under a costume is normal. My dd has not worn panties for dance since she was 3 or 4 yrs old and learned that is what the big girls do! Seems like that complaint came from someone unfamiliar with dance and is being used to sensationalize something that is already sensational in a very negative way by itself.

I just cannot read these reports without wondering why the parents continued sending their children to these people. 
0
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,059
Reply with quote  #44 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacaranda
She teaches everywhere! She travels doing workshops at dance studios all over Australia specialising in strength, flexibility, leaps, jumps and turns.


And the U.S. too

0
armydancemom

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 174
Reply with quote  #45 
So now the sister knew what was going on and didn't put a stop to it? I really hope that's not true since she teaches workshops all over the world and she has a group of girls she is takes with her to these workshops. This story just keeps getting worst and worst..
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation: