Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
ccdcmomlisa`

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I saw a post on my newsfeed from RGDANCE saying he had been arrested. I googled it and found this. Wow, very disturbing indeed. I just heard about RGDANCE this past year when they came to the US on their tour and after Hayden Hopkins and Asia Ray went to Australia. Goodness. I bet their mothers feel horrible for letting their young daughters spend time w him. Scary!

http://tututimes.com/2013/05/18/breaking-disturbing-news-rgdance/
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Wow This is disgusting. Glad he was finally stopped before he could do more damage.
lilyzdancemom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
My DD and her friends (13 y/o) have been talking about this all morning. It's sickening!
The only positive thing is that is spreading the word about this type of behavior and educating our girls. I think it hit close to home for my DD in a very profound way.
dancedreamer

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Here's another article. I always wondered why they seemed to lose so many of their star dancers so frequently.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/dance-school-director-on-child-abuse-charges-20130518-2jswe.html
mommytomany

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Our studio has a no parent policy beyond the lobby and even though I am generally a big rule follower, this is one I regularly break. Clearly the purpose is to keep the mama drama down but it is my DD and ultimately it is up to me to protect her. So I randomly drop by. I bring her snacks or drinks. Sometimes help her with her hair. The studio pretty much ignores me because I don't interfere in classes and have never involved myself in observing or drama. But I know what is going on, as much as I can.

I don't know if its ambition or what, but I wish this was an isolated case. We have a well known local studio that a member who is closely involved (but not on payroll) is a registered child sex offender, the victim was a dance student. People know this and still take their daughters there. I don't get it.

I have discussed these issues with my daughters but like most kids they don't get it. They think they would recognize a "bad man". My DD has taken a class with RG dance and with this man, so maybe this will help her realize- I may seem overprotective but there is a reason for it!!
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Oh my gosh, this is so frightening!  What a disgusting human being he is!!! 

mommytomany...You know of a registered sex offender that is working with children in another studio?  I find this completely appalling!  Who would allow a person like that to be around children and what parent would knowingly take their daughter to dance with him?  Sick, sick, sick!
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

I think I posted on the other thread...

We had a somewhat similar incident in our area. Male SO accused TWICE, about 3-4 yrs apart of videotaping dancers changing.

It seems that people at his studio stood by him the first time.. and some even the SECOND time!!! There were accusations that the girl was "just jealous" and "making trouble."  But, SO went into pre-trial intervention to avoid a trial. I know that doesn't mean he was guilty, but it sure arouses suspicion. Second time, a father of a dancing picked up footage of a dancers crotch on his blue tooth enabled back up camera!!! Unfortunately, instead of calling the police right away, he went right in and confronted someone (not sure on the details) and then went home and called a lawyer for advice. So, there was a delay of a few hours until the police were notified. I don't actually know what happened after that. It disappeared from the news. I did hear some things earlier on because some dancers moved to our studio for a year. It's actually how I became aware at all.

Because of this thread, I just did a little internet sleuthing. I find nothing in the news after 2010. His lawyer is apparently famous for representing child molesters and the like and I suspect has kept as much as possible off the internet. Can't even find anything about charges being dropped. Anyway, I found his youtube page and see that he has choreography reels posted for both him and his wife. The phone numbers to call are different- his is a California number and hers is a NY number. It scares me that he is still seeking work that could put him in the vicinity of student dancers.

purplerain

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Shock. It's really sad that you can't trust your kids with anyone these days. I do think this give male teachers a bad name.
Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerain
Shock. It's really sad that you can't trust your kids with anyone these days. I do think this give male teachers a bad name.

That's part of the fallout of this kind of crime. People start to feel like you can't trust anyone, particularly male teachers or coaches. It's a horrific crime but it isn't fair to the good men out there working to educate , coach, teach to be overly suspicious. Be an observant, involved parent. If anybody insists on spending time alone with your child let them know that's against your family rules. An open door and an understanding that you are free to be present at your own discretion is a good idea.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #10 
DS teaches kids 5-12 and he is never left alone with any one child.  If he is working one on one with a child on something thre are still other dancers and another teacher in the room.
Curandera

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tappinmom
DS teaches kids 5-12 and he is never left alone with any one child.  If he is working one on one with a child on something thre are still other dancers and another teacher in the room.

That's good for your son but sad too.  It really isn't fair for people to lump all men together with this man simply because of their gender.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #12 
It is sad that we have to take measures like that just to eliminate even the suspicion of impropriety but Disgusting people like this make it necessary.
bw182

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Some more details for those interested (from the aus papers today)

-denied bail
-his wife found inappropriate images and emails an handed them into police
-first came to police attention in 2007 for same reasons but he disposed of his computer and there was no evidence. However it was alleged he told 2 under 13s of his desire to have a threesome with them
-matter back in court Wednesday
mommytomany

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmymom
Oh my gosh, this is so frightening!  What a disgusting human being he is!!! <br><br>mommytomany...You know of a registered sex offender that is working with children in another studio?  I find this completely appalling!  Who would allow a person like that to be around children and what parent would knowingly take their daughter to dance with him?  Sick, sick, sick!

Not legally supposed to be around children. I don't believe he is technically working with the kids but someone else in his family is and he is around the kids.
AussieDanceMum

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #15 
As posted in the other discussion........absolutly disgusting! What has been going on makes me sick......what a betrayal of trust. How many kids has this man been in contact with? Not only all those poor kids and their families at his studio, but the countless numbers at workshops and competitons. My heart goes out to all the poor souls he has harmed
breaconn

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #16 
I used to be a regular member on this forum when I lived in Texas and then moved back to Sydney. This guy is a creep. Considered taking my daughter and son and was repulsed by his behaviour, he had a shady look about him,  way too big a smile around small children for my liking.   Mothers intuition always wins.  Oh and the parents knew something was up with him since 2007 but chose to leave there kids there to be 'FAMOUS'  "RGFAMOUS" .   If you let a 39 year old Male dance teacher take your 13 - 14 year old daughters on weekend trips to assist him, you are STUPID !!!!!!!!  End of story.
purplerain

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #17 
So after looking finding out more info on this subject, many victims posted on Rebecca's fb page. They said she knew but decided to keep it under the carpet. Most of these comments were deleted. The sympathy comments are the only ones that are shown. So many parents and victims are coming forward. Some parents even kept their kids there even after their kids told them what was going on. They were told if they left their kid wouldn't be famous.   Check out this blog. http://tututimes.com/2013/05/18/breaking-disturbing-news-rgdance/ Former victims and parents are coming out and speaking what really went on. It's so sad.
CdnDanceMom72

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerain
So after looking finding out more info on this subject, many victims posted on Rebecca's fb page. They said she knew but decided to keep it under the carpet. Most of these comments were deleted. The sympathy comments are the only ones that are shown. So many parents and victims are coming forward. Some parents even kept their kids there even after their kids told them what was going on. They were told if they left their kid wouldn't be famous.   Check out this blog. http://tututimes.com/2013/05/18/breaking-disturbing-news-rgdance/ Former victims and parents are coming out and speaking what really went on. It's so sad.

Oh....my God!  Those parents should have their children taken from them.  Clearly they have no business being parents!  This makes me savage!!
tapballetjazz

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Today Rebbecca announced that RGDANCE is closing permanently. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-23/dance-school-closes-after-founder-charged-with-child-sex-offen/4709148
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 
It appears their facebook page and website have now been deleted.
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 

I just can't believe how awful this is!  Just beyond sickening and shocking! 

I'm not the least bit surprised that parents have pulled their children from the studio.  My DD would have been gone immediately with or without the refunding of any money I had already paid!

bopmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 

you know one of the articles states that the sister and wife alerted police in April.
I wonder if that is why they never made it to air on Dance Moms.  Maybe lifetime got a heads up, that sure would have put a whole new twist on the drama that is called Dance Moms.  hmmmmm

sparkle

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #23 
They need  to check out the sister, too. 
princessmeow

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Does anyone remember the routine from Dance Moms titled "Broadway Blondes"? It was a Chloe and Paige duet, pretty  risque.  It turns out that RG Dance actually choreographed it, it looks like Rebecca was working with the girls in this video.  I thought the routine was pretty out there, even for Abby Lee!  I am not surprised to find out that it was an RG choreographed routine!

staceyb

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #25 
SHOCKING new details have emerged in the case against disgraced former Chiswick dance teacher Grant Davies, who has been charged with 46 child sex offences.The RG Dance co-owner was arrested at North Strathfield on May 17 by police from Burwood Local Area Command who were contacted after child-abuse material was allegedly discovered on a computer.Detectives examined the computer and allegedly found a large number of child-abuse material as well as evidence of child grooming. Davies, 39, was charged with a string of child sex and grooming charges and on Tuesday police charged him with 36 additional charges.These include 14 counts of aggravated sexual assault, 18 counts of aggravated indecent assault and four counts of aggravated acts of indecency. In total, he has been charged with 46 offences.The matter was mentioned at Burwood Local Court today, where court documents revealed the alleged offences were committed in various locations including Abbotsford, Chiswick, Broken Hill, Parramatta, Five Dock, Darlington and Waverton."">Police said the victims were all students at the dance studio and were aged between nine and 15 at the time of the alleged offences. There was one male victim and five identified female victims.The earliest alleged offence, an aggravated indecent assault, was committed in Parramatta in 2001 while the most recent was committed this year.Charges range from kissing, touching and taking photos to sex without consent.It is also alleged that Davies had sex without consent with one victim multiple times across multiple years.There was no application for bail and Davies did not appear in court. The matter is due to return to court on September 9, where Davies is to appear via video link.Anyone with information about this matter should call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/inner-west/rg-dance-co-owner-grant-davies-chareged-with-another-37-counts-of-child-sex-and-grooming/story-fngr8h4f-1226680685701

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: