Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Kfish1987

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I wrote an introduction high I normally do not do as I am usually a lurker. I deleted my post because it made me upset. Now I wish I didn't.

I wanted to show how much I appreciate this site and I was told that if was creeping another member out.

My ten year old daughter is staring to develop. I had no clue regarding what type of bras to get. With her costumes. Prior posts showed brands and recommendations.

As someone who started menstruating when I was 9, with very heavy periods, I was glad to see this topic brought up by others. Gave me ideas especially when I have a daughter who asks these questions.

So sorry for the creep out. I guess I will go back to lurking
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Bye
gymanddance

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I'm the poster who commented that your introduction gave red flags left and right. As a self proclaimed "long time lurker" you should appreciate that there has been a plethora of fake posters in the last year or so that has many of us on high alert. I would hope that you could self-reflect and realize that an introduction that ends with how much you appreciate information on periods and dance bras would raise some eyebrows. 

If you are a genuine dance parent who happened to find those topics informative then that would be a reminder to me that I shouldn't be so quick to judge. Many on this site can vouch that I am a real person with a real dancer. Feel free to PM me (or a more established member) with Facebook or IG info and I will be the first to apologize that I jumped to conclusions that you were creepy!

Edited to correct a spelling mistake
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Your welcome post has been deleted so I haven't been able to see it.  I will say this though. . . perhaps the "creep out" comment wasn't fair but the way we deal with things here is that we talk about it.  You seem upset that someone said that to you which I get, but you're giving up so easily without giving anyone a chance which isn't exactly fair either.  You didn't even try to explain to GymAndDance.  Her reasons for saying what she did are good ones.  So often misunderstandings happen but with more clarification it can all be  cleared up.
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #5 
There are almost nine thousand members of this site.  I wouldn't suggest giving up because of a bad experience with one, or ten.. or even twenty 
DanceTumbleCheerMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
I didnt get a chance to say Welcome.   I am mom to DD11 my dancer and DD13 who is a competitive cheerleader and Gymnast, and is returning to dance this next year.  I can relate to bras and periods at 10, btdt.  I am also one who started at 9 and had nasty ones until I had my hysterectomy 4 years ago. 

Raising girls is a challenge. 
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Also never saw your original post. It could not have been here for even a day. 

As far as bras, most costumes and dancewear are meant to be worn without bras, so a newly developing dancer does not really need anything. However, some are not comfortable with that. I was a very well endowed kid and danced as well. By the time I was in 6th grade, I was a C cup and was no longer comfortable not wearing a bra under some costumes. I remember my mom (who had similar issues) searching for solutions without a board like this to go to! I had one of those convertible bras that could be worn 101 different ways that we used, sometimes sewing it into place. Fun times. 
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I'm sorry if you felt attacked.  The post did come a off a little different than what we are used to but when I read it I just assumed that it was because maybe English isn't your first language.  It you are a legitimate dance mom I hope you continue to post here.  We have had some really serious issues with new posters in the past and people are a little gun shy now when something seems off.
Angel2228

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Girls at the studio tape. It makes quick changes more comfortable for them all, no straps ever show and even the more endowed are supported enough. Dd is a late bloomer and doesn't need to use it yet, so I don't know her opinion on it.
But I've never heard the other girls complain about wearing it, just when they're out!
BCdancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
What do you mean by "tape"?
mom2dancinboyngirl

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCdancemom
What do you mean by "tape"?
Thanks for asking... I was wondering too...

My DD11 used a bra with a couple of her costumes. She is modest, and would tug on the costume so the SO said she needed a bra with it. We use the kind with the clear elastic straps and the two triangles of fabric. She doesn't really need it (AA cup at most) but it made her feel more comfortable.

And hi to the OP - welcome to the board!
crafty1

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
There are other threads about tape. Some of the more well-endowed dancers use duct tape to hold the "girls" in place.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: