Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
sophia

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I recently stoned a costume for the first time and on the lace it looks great. However, on the solid Lycra material there are quite a few e6000 blobs and I was wondering if anyone had any time to remove these? TIA
Jinkerbelle

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I have never had any luck removing . Good luck!
prancer

PREMIUM MEMBER
Reply with quote  #3 
I just put stones on top of the stains! But as Nickdad pointed out, you really can’t see those types of marks from the audience.
NCKDAD

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
One year I “wrecked” my daughter’s solo costume. Like halfway done with a really wide waistband full of rhinestones decided it was awful and picked them all off and started again. I couldn’t possible cover every stain and just did my best with my new design for it. Up close it wasn’t pretty. From the stage and in photos it was commented upon regularly for how wonderful it looked and fitting for the Dance. We are our own worst critics.
Julieg

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
My daughter's first year on team I was dropping her off when the SO announced that the first person to bring back a certain costume would get it jeweled by her for the example.  I raced home 30 minutes and then 30 minutes back knowing that I probably wouldn't be the first but still wanted a chance.  It turned out I was the "lucky winner".  She jeweled the costume for me and when she gave it back it was a hot mess.  She had used hot glue for the stones and there was extra glue everywhere.  I figured she was the professional so I left it as it was.  You could not see any of the mess on stage.  I'm really glad that it happened our first year.  I learned that it didn't matter if the jeweling was perfect or terrible.  They all glitter the same on stage.  After that, I never jeweled another costume.  I made my daughter do it because mistakes didn't matter.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.