Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
caraskates

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Looking for a funny showcase character for an older ice skater...previously did Cat in the Hat and You Can't Stop the Beat from Hairspray. Hoping to come up with something along the lines of Cat in the Hat again this season. A silly character that is recognizable and fun to costume! Any suggestions are welcomed!
Julieg

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I saw a musical theater number this past weekend.  I have no idea what show it's from but basically it's a sister talking about the act that she used to have with her now deceased sister.  I was very entertained and thought it was pretty funny.  But, the character might not be very recognizable to most people.  Maybe I'm just clueless but I feel like I've seen my fair share of musicals and was not familiar with the character.  The name of the dance was Can't Do It Alone or I Can't Do This On My Own or something like that.
dancingpeanut

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julieg
I saw a musical theater number this past weekend.  I have no idea what show it's from but basically it's a sister talking about the act that she used to have with her now deceased sister.  I was very entertained and thought it was pretty funny.  But, the character might not be very recognizable to most people.  Maybe I'm just clueless but I feel like I've seen my fair share of musicals and was not familiar with the character.  The name of the dance was Can't Do It Alone or I Can't Do This On My Own or something like that.

That is from Chicago. Her sister is deceased because she killed her. :-)
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

"Amazing Mayzie" from Seussical could be a lot of fun in many ways, if she doesn't mind doing another number from that show. So many costuming choices and bright colors to play with! 

"Shy" from Once Upon A Mattress- Princess Winnifred is anything but shy. She just swam a moat and climbed a stone wall before she sings this song, so the costuming can be princess like with things like seaweed hanging off. 

"Little Girls" from Annie

"I Speak 6 Languages" from the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee- Costume would be a school girl with a number. She could wear her hair in pig tails or braids. 

"Adelaide's Lament" from Guys and Dolls. She's usually in a robe when she sings this. 

There are quite a few funny songs in Something Rotten, mostly sung by men or the ensemble though. 

tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I Am Adolfo is a great comedic piece but not sure how it would translate to skating. 

I have also seen Taylor The Latte Boy which was really funny. 
crafty1

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
There is always "If My Friends Could See Me Now" from Sweet Charity.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: