Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Overloaded

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
What have been your most successful team fundraisers?

We're always looking for great ideas that actually bring in enough to be worth the effort.

For our team its our Christmas show/ spaghetti dinner. We charge for the dinner before the show or a seperate lower price for tickets just to attend the show after dinner. Our competition girls serve dinner to all the guests. All studio members are welcome to participate in the show wether they are on the competition team or not. After the show there is a table with desserts for purchase (bake sale) and a silent auction.
dancer1234

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Successful I would deem to be those that you have to put in little volunteer effort and get back more in return.   I know we have done Golf Tournaments and selling butter braids or candles but you are also asking for a lot of work around that.   

Best ones have been Chipolte Fundraising night (you and your friends who show your flyer or mentioned the name, Chipolte will give 50% to organization).   Culvers it is 20% of all sales during a 2 to 4 hour block.  Pei Wei's is 20%  with Flyer,  BJ Brewhouse is 20% with Flyer.   There are so many more. If you did one a month or one a week, you could do a lot.
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
We did well with Yankee Candle.  It was 40-50% profit back to the dance company.  It was easy to keep track of individual student sales.  I liked it because we don't have family local and Yankee Candle has the ability for people to buy online and have it shipped directly to them.    I ran the fundraiser and it was super easy and the Yankee Candle person I worked with was awesome!

momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
My friend's daughters dance at a different school than my daughters. Anyway, they are doing a road rally in a few weeks, an adult scavenger hunt, and they charge $20/person. I have to assume that will all be profit as there is no overhead for something like this. Teams are formed and take their own cars and we end at a bar where we buy our own drinks. The only thing the studio has to do is come up with the scavenger hunt ideas and pass it out to the teams. My friend alone brought in 12 people for the road rally... If it looks like a successful evening I'm going to pass the idea along to our studio. 
Overloaded

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #5 
The road rally is brilliant! I've done this with teens before for fun but I've never thought of doing it as a fundraiser! Thanks, this is exactly the kind of idea I'm looking for!!

We're also considering a Tutu 5k with a party at the studio parking lot after.
Rosesparkle

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Volunteering at the local college concession stands during games, concerts, events, etc.. Long hours, great pay.
LittleMonkeyMom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
We did a fundraiser a couple of years ago with Mixed Bag.  It's various household & personal items (kitchen stuff, socks, scarves, purses, etc.).  You keep 40-50% of the selling price & the items are decent quality.  We timed it so people could use it for holiday shopping & it worked pretty well.

One thing that was nice about it was that you could track the fundraising individually if you wanted.  It was an optional fundraiser for us, so we wanted proceeds to be applied only to the kids who participated, which we were able to make happen.  Individual amounts raised varied from $200-$800, so it worked well for us.
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I'm a big fan of wine tastings with silent auctions.  Because there is wine.
amandafarris03

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
we are currently doing a boston butt fundraiser.  $25 and $10 of it goes into your acct.  we have a local business (who happens to dance at our studio) cook them and he will come the night before with his big event grill and grill all night and on a Saturday morning - people come and pick them up hot and fresh.  it's a BIG one for us.
dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatball77
I'm a big fan of wine tastings with silent auctions.  Because there is wine.

Second that.  We've done a "wine & cheese reception" with silent auction.  Not much volunteer work involved, but alcohol is.  What can go wrong?

We're also selling pies through a local bakery.  That's also promising, if only because I'm getting pie.
GraceMom0911

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #11 
We've done Yankee Candle, pie sale, selling candy bouquets at recital but our most successful fundraiser is our annual Quarter Auction.
joriebelle

PREMIUM MEMBER
Reply with quote  #12 
I've never been to a studio that does fundraising.
AusDM

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #13 
We've had cake and book stalls at local markets, sausage sizzle at photo and dress rehearsals (a very Australian thing to do for fundraising), the senior girls have sewn ribbons on ballet shoes for the junior students in the lead up to their exam day.  We've sold 1st Aid Kits, boxes of chocolates and cookies, movie nights, and have parent run canteen at our End of Year Concert for drinks and snacks during intermission.
joriebelle

PREMIUM MEMBER
Reply with quote  #14 
Please tell me what Sausage Sizzle is!
threegirlpileup

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #15 
We've had good luck with a parents night out, staffed by the students--though this obviously won't work for younger dancers.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #16 
We sold magazine subscriptions, chocolate bars, cookie dough, chicken, pointsettias, etc.  One year we made enough to cover the entire teams (80 kids) trip to nationals including all comp fees and most costumes.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.