Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 
As you go down the series, you realize there isn't a whole lot of dance in the episodes.  It's all about the sex and deviance.
PickyPotter

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
I read the Times review of it, and it wasn't very favorable.  I will watch it, but it sounds like if you don't, you aren't missing much of the dance world.
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Don't do it.  Really don't do it!

It could have been entertaining on a showgirls type level because of the total absurdity if it was shorter but it was just too much.  Trying to be artistic and gritty and dark with all the abuse and incest and everything.  There also isn't much dance, no need to cast dancers at all.
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatball77
Don't do it.  Really don't do it!

It could have been entertaining on a showgirls type level because of the total absurdity if it was shorter but it was just too much.  Trying to be artistic and gritty and dark with all the abuse and incest and everything.  There also isn't much dance, no need to cast dancers at all.

In one episode, the head ballerina performs a piece in warm-ups and you see the entire dance.  Then the young up and coming ballerina does the same warm-up as the "B team" and is supposed to totally blow away the head ballerina.  Except they blur out the entire dance and all you see is the people applauding.  Kind of a chump move for a ballet show, if you ask me.
dncemom01

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
I'm on episode five, it gets much worse.  The director pimps the lead out to a sponsor and then the strip club plot and the Brother plot go bonkers and I didn't like the acting from the lead, there's only so much of that "I'm so innocent and unsure" face I can take.

Where did you go to watch that many episodes??
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dncemom01
Quote:
I'm on episode five, it gets much worse.  The director pimps the lead out to a sponsor and then the strip club plot and the Brother plot go bonkers and I didn't like the acting from the lead, there's only so much of that "I'm so innocent and unsure" face I can take.
Where did you go to watch that many episodes??

They are all up on 'On Demand" on Comcast.
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 
They're all available to stream.
fishoutofwater

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #33 
Well, I finished all 8 episodes.  If you can stick with it, A LOT gets explained in the last two episodes (still gross & weird, but...) and we finally get to see quite a bit of dancing in the last episode.  
MinnDanceMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #34 
I wanted to like it but it is too much deviance for me. I'm no prude, but come on. If ballet companies are really like that, I'm glad my daughter isn't going to be one at one. I couldn't imagine paying all that money for training, only for her to get a job and be pimped out. Yikes.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.