Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Mbschooley

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Help! My DD is in a Musical Theater routine where the girls wear fishnet tights- the costumes are adorable and loaded up with rhinestones and rhinestone appliquĆ©s- this is the problem the fishnets get caught in the fishnets during the dance šŸ˜±šŸ˜±šŸ˜± Every. Single. Time. They do a catch hold- that's when the ripping begins! Our SO is insistent on them wearing the fishnets- so I'm wondering is there something we can put over the appliquĆ©s to keep them from catching the fishnets? Are there a brand of fishnets that don't snag as easily? Any advise would be most welcome!
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
http://www.capezio.com/professional-fishnet-seamless-tight

The Capezio Professional Fishnets are great. 
dancemonkey

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
The professional fishnets are expensive but last forever
LoveJillyLilly2Dance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I agree. Capezio all the way!
kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
The professional fishnets are very stiff and take a bit of getting used to but once you figure out how to get into them (be careful not putting a toe through the crotch area which is not as reinforced as the rest), you'll never regret buying them.  
sarahannexo

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 
I agree with the above. Get the professionals. I bought two pairs last season and never opened the second.. They're still in the dream duffel. They're like a hybrid fusion of ponytail holders and fishnets.
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Yes, paying extra for fishnets is worth it.

While we are on the topic, we are having a similar issue. AppliquƩs are ruining tights during DDs Acro line. Any suggestions?
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzit42
Yes, paying extra for fishnets is worth it. While we are on the topic, we are having a similar issue. AppliquƩs are ruining tights during DDs Acro line. Any suggestions?

Don't wear tights?...Seriously though, why are you wearing tights in an acro dance?
Mbschooley

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #9 
It's a Musical Theater routine but with a ton of technical choreo - we normally don't wear tights for most routines- but the fishnets really compliment the costume. It's just the dang rhinestone appliquƩs- has anyone covered the appliquƩs with something? Like plastic wrap? I know that sounds insane but we need to come up with something or the girls will just go on sans tights lol
dancingpeanut

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
You can cover them with nylon net. Get the cheap net (not tulle) to match the appliquƩ, wrap it around and baste it on. It prevents the edge of the sequins from catching on things and is completely invisible from stage. I've used it to keep feathers on angel wings and to help with sequins tearing up skin understand arms, works great.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.