Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
jamquint1

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I am struggling with picking out a solo for my 7 year old son. Help! 
Jinkerbelle

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
What style of dance or song?
jamquint1

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinkerbelle
What style of dance or song?

I'm thinking jazz or musical theater. He isn't very experienced, so lyrical, I think, would be difficult.
rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Maybe ask his teacher for suggestions? My dd's are 11 and 14, and at that age DD's teacher gave her 2 songs to choose from rather than ask her to select a song for herself. 
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #5 
At that age DS did Let's Hear It For The Boy for jazz and Talk To The Animals for MT.
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Years ago when dd had just started competing, we saw a really cute solo from a boy about that age to "I Just Can't Wait to be King" from the Lion King. Also,"King of New York" from Newsies would be good.
Jinkerbelle

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccasmom
Years ago when dd had just started competing, we saw a really cute solo from a boy about that age to "I Just Can't Wait to be King" from the Lion King. Also,"King of New York" from Newsies would be good.

Ooooh I love these ideas! I would definitely bring these suggestions to your choreographer!
jamquint1

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccasmom

Oooo...I love King of New York. Great idea! Thank you. Another thought I had was Chim Chimney from Mary Poppins. His mini small group is doing Just Can't Wait to be King. There are trampolines involved...oh, my.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: