Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
JustAnotherDanceMom7

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Just wanted to share a bit of pride and happiness for my DD, 12, who is a first year soloist.  She received her first platinum on Friday for her solo, after being the first number of the entire competition (I had another thread going about this).  Anyway, this was her goal for this comp, which was her last before Nationals.  She really just wanted to get that platinum adjudication.  She also ended up placing 6th overall in the teen age division.  It's been an interesting year going back and forth between junior and teen, depending on the comp and the way they breakdown the age divisions. 

I will tell you that she beamed the whole way home!  She has grown so much this year form performing a solo and I am beyond happy for her.  She came from comp gymnastics and started dancing at age 9.  It's been a long process of undoing some of her gymnastics habits (those hands!) and her learning musicality and expression, along with improving her techqniue.  Dance does not come easy for her.  She has worked tirelessly to improve and grow.  Was so happy to see her get a little validation over the weekend [smile]

mic123

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Congratulations to your daughter! [smile]
theyarg

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
That first platinum feels so good![biggrin]
JustAnotherDanceMom7

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theyarg

She was truly glowing...was so happy for her!  All of my dance mom friends who were there for awards knew she was shooting for that platinum.  And of course, since she was the first soloist to go, hers was the first adjudication announced.  So, when they announced that it was a platinum we all went nuts for her!  It was pretty awesome!  And she was standing there in the overall line up in 5th position like she was on stage at the Bolshoi!  LOL!  Really a great moment [smile]
JustAnotherDanceMom7

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic123
Congratulations to your daughter! [smile]

Thank you! [biggrin]
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theyarg

Yes it does!!!  Congrats to your girl
Momof3

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Each of my girls had their first one this year, too - it really is a great feeling for them! Congratulations to her [smile]
rdsmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
The first platinum is awesome! Congrats!
jjjgirls

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Congrats! How exciting! My 13 year old had her first platinum this year as well. It's wonderful to see them reach their goals!
JustAnotherDanceMom7

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof3
Each of my girls had their first one this year, too - it really is a great feeling for them! Congratulations to her [smile]

Congrats to your girls, as well! [smile]
JustAnotherDanceMom7

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjgirls
Congrats! How exciting! My 13 year old had her first platinum this year as well. It's wonderful to see them reach their goals!

Well done to your, DD!  I agree, it's amazing to see them work toward a goal and reach it! 
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Congratulations to your daughter!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.