Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
kellymom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I stumbled upon this little holiday nugget, and I'm not sure how as I'm rarely on YouTube.  We had gone to see our local Nutcracker production and I was looking up something relating to a section of the music/dancing.

DD16 and I enjoyed it--it's a 4 episode series sponsored by Justice (the little girl clothing store...who knew they also produced videos? Sadly DD outgrew Justice years ago...I miss those days as she's growing up too fast) 

The holidays are over, but I'd highly recommend it if you are looking for a little post-holiday treat.  It documents the journey of four little Clara's performing in Ballet Met's Nutcracker, from auditions to rehearsals to the performances.  I was amazed at how talented and well-spoken these dancers are. Watching this will warm you up if you are in one of the areas of the country in a deep freeze, like we are.

Here's the link to the trailer, and you can find all four episodes on YouTube.

'
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks so much for this!  DD and I are excited to watch the whole series!
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Dd used to be a trainee at BalletMet. I really enjoyed these videos and even recognized a few familiar faces. 

If you look at Justice's channel, there are some other nice little videos showing some steps and a nice conversation with one of the teachers (Brooke Moore, recently retired PA Ballet) about starting pointe work. 
Phx115

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks for sharing!!
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Lauren Grace used to dance at our studio before moving to Ohio. We haven’t watched the whole thing yet but we’ve watched bits of it here and there.
kellymom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by momcrew
Lauren Grace used to dance at our studio before moving to Ohio. We haven’t watched the whole thing yet but we’ve watched bits of it here and there.

Wow!  While all the dancers in the series were amazing, there is something incredibly special about Lauren Grace.  I was so drawn to her.  In addition to the dance talent, it was impressive to see how articulate she is at age 10.  Wise beyond her years!
armydancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
My dd and I loved it! It was such a sweet series! I wish stuff like this would replace dance moms on TV. No crazy moms screaming at each other in the hallways or dance teachers calling kids stupid, just a true representation of what dance really is!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.