Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
threegirlpileup

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Any favorites to suggest? My teen has been wearing Bal Togs but we've been having issues with them developing holes. Don't need fancy colors (mainly looking for black and navy), just something comfortable and durable.

Thanks!
Jinkerbelle

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #2 
If you want durable honestly I would steer clear of cotton! The Nike Pro leggings or Lululemon are pretty pricey but they last! Well worth it to me because they have lasted over a year so far!
threegirlpileup

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
We mostly do synthetics but she likes a few pairs in cotton for warmth. Maybe a durable cotton pair is too much to hope for!
Jinkerbelle

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by threegirlpileup
We mostly do synthetics but she likes a few pairs in cotton for warmth. Maybe a durable cotton pair is too much to hope for!

🤣 I know I was buying $20 pairs of cotton leggings and replacing every couple weeks due to holes.
However for warmth, I did find a clearance pair of fleece lined cotton leggings a couple years ago at A&F that weren't too thick and restrictive but kept her warm. They lasted over a year! And she would wear them to dance sometimes in the winter.
ggsmith

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Dd has some black cotton leggings from the girls department at Target that were $6 a pair.  One pair was even on clearance cheaper.  She's been wearing them for 2 years, maybe 3 for some pairs.  She wears them in and out of class, in some classes when its cold, and around the house sometimes.
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Old Navy has wonderful leggings for under 20, but I'm not sure this is the time of year to buy them. They have a thick elastic waistband, not the cheap ones, but the nicer ones.
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
DD's favorites are from Garage.  They are almost always on sale at buy 1 get one half off.
JustAnotherDanceMom7

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I just ordered DD a pair of Capezio leggings on Amazon that look like cotton but are not.  They are not shiny and are so soft. She loves them! Let me know if you want me to post the link!
Manitobadancemom

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #9 
My DD13 and DD15 live in Lululemon and Ivivva leggings. Yes they are expensive but Ivivva is the kids version of Lululemon and costs less but still high quality. They literally have had leggings purchased in 2010 still being worn today and worn frequently. Comfortable and flattering but they just need to be washed and dried separately or they will pill if washed with things like towels. Proud Canadian product[smile]

daydreamer

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Hanna Andersson, they are really comfortable and last forever. My son wears them for dance and I wear the girl's ones myself. The girls sizes go up to 160 which is equivalent to a 16-18 in other brands. They have women's sizes too but the prices are higher.
BCdancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
My daughter also has iviva leggings that are 5 years old and still look and fit like new! It's crazy
Ktyyyyyyy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Another vote for ivviva. Those are hands down dd's favorite leggings. She is 15, but the size 12 fit her perfectly.
dmjrm4

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #13 
My DD had to buy Lulu/Ivviva leggings for a dance costume this year.  They were $108 and I complained and complained.  Now, she wears them all the time and they are awesome.  One of the better "costume" expenses I have had!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: