Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
madisondancer27

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Wondering what everyone's favorite competitions are we are planning on going to some new ones this year and would like to hear your favorites thanks 💕
jackilvsmath

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #2 
TRIBUTE!!!!!!!

Jinkerbelle

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
We really liked Platinum! The emcee was great and really interacted with the kids and so did the judges! They kept everything very positive. It was a smaller comp both times we went, but just big enough.
We have also enjoyed Star Systems and HOF is big but fun and ran on time. We did HOF nationals this year as well and had a good experience, their emcee was also top notch! They consistently ran early as well. The only thing about HOF regionals is that there were two stages running simultaneously, so that makes it difficult if you have two or more kids or want to cheer on your studio teammates!
Phx115

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I'm still looking for it. 😂😂😂😂

I couldn't resist. Seriously, though, the only one that came close to enjoyable was ADA. No obnoxious emcees, no racks and racks of over-priced merchandise, and music that wasn't played so loud that I can't hear myself think.
hsealover

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
DD and I both really enjoy the SDA comps(Starpower, Believe, Imagine, Revolution, and Nexstar) and Showstopper.
Ktyyyyyyy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
I like Rainbow because they have great prices on pictures and videos. KAR has the same great prices, but I don't like that they have 5 different levels.
Dancingemu

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phx115
I'm still looking for it. 😂😂😂😂

I couldn't resist. Seriously, though, the only one that came close to enjoyable was ADA. No obnoxious emcees, no racks and racks of over-priced merchandise, and music that wasn't played so loud that I can't hear myself think.

Wait, that exists?!?!? Lol I haven't been to a single one without a ton of merchandise for sale all poor quality.
Dancingemu

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I haven't been to one I hated, but not one that stood apart from the rest. Though I will say, I don't think I can sit though another of Mr Tremaine's parent talks even if there is the chance of a scholarship.
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
On Pointe is really good and we enjoy Groove. My daughter took her solo to Revolution and that seemed good but the regional we attended was really small and there was no one in the advanced level. 
NCKDAD

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Love: Bravo, Turn It Up, On Stage America, Legacy

Hate: Masquerade, Leap

Indifferent: Cutting Edge, Applause, Showstoppers, Believe , Nexstar, Headliners, Starbound, Inspire, Prime Time, Dance Xplosion, Inspire, Starquest

I know I'm missing a few that I can't remember over the years. To classify as love I had to have repeated positive experiences. Indifferent is the default category, and Hate is where I say to SO "don't bring us back here". Lol

I will say a competition to me is only as good as its judges. Some in my indifferent category I loved until an off year judging wise (which I know is subjective), but I honestly think a panel is a waste if there isn't that good technique/ballet judge. And this isn't personal bc some of those my kids did very well at.
LittleMonkeyMom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
I love Legacy, Showstoppers & Thunderstruck.  They have always been well run, positive experiences for my dancer.

dmjrm4

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Top ones in order: Nuvo Jump NYCDA 24/7 Revive/Adrenaline LA Dance Magic Celebrity Hollywood Vibe Showstoppers KAR Starpower
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.