Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
BCdancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Care to Share your favourite go to meals and snacks for your dancer while at conventions or competitions ect...

We like lots of fresh fruit, granola bars and cheese sticks but need some fresh ideas
dancer1234

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
protein bars
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
My dancer likes a quinoa/rice mix salad. It has black beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro and green onions. Dressing is lime, olive oil and some tumeric.
BCdancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancermom128
My dancer likes a quinoa/rice mix salad. It has black beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro and green onions. Dressing is lime, olive oil and some tumeric.

That sounds delish!!
dad_of_four

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Don't forget to add in protein...

When DD went to Disney for Cheer, all the Families chipped in with snacks for a Communal Snack area. They all laughed at me when I said I would contribute Slim-Jims.
By day 2, the girls were loving the break from Carb-overload.

p.s. Sure slim-jims are not exactly healthy...

lovemykids

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
We take little ham and cheese sandwiches, apples with peanut butter, protein bars, fruit pouches, cookies, pop corn and... little chocolate morsels for a swift pick me up (the one item that can't be missing from the snack bag!)
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad_of_four

Don't forget to add in protein...

When DD went to Disney for Cheer, all the Families chipped in with snacks for a Communal Snack area. They all laughed at me when I said I would contribute Slim-Jims.
By day 2, the girls were loving the break from Carb-overload.

p.s. Sure slim-jims are not exactly healthy...

Black beans have protein [smile]

tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Just a word of warning.  I know in Ontario a lot of the comps don't allow any nut products so not sure about BC.
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Hummus with pita chips and veges to dip. A pasta salad with soba noodles, chicken and veges with a sesame dressing.
disneymom2two

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
We do veggie trays, cheese and crackers, protein bars, grapes.  Sometimes we bring cold chicken breast to make a sandwich. We don't do anything that's oily and we can't do peanut butter.
czmcdaniel

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
My munchkins love "lunchables" I'm guessing mostly because I wont buy them any other time...so I'll bring cut cheese, ham, turkey and crackers....This year I want to try to make sure I pack more FOOD and less snacks because Mama gets "Hangery" fast and I'm unfamiliar with the venues we are competing at this year to know if there are any concessions or restaurants nearby... 
BCdancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #12 
No peanut butter allowed in our studio and at most venues!
JojosDanceMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCdancemom
No peanut butter allowed in our studio and at most venues!

Is that true that you can't have peanut butter at most venues??  DD's home studio does not allow peanut butter, but I've never been to any venue that limits the types of food that can be brought in.  Some say not outside food at all, but the ones that allow food have never restricted us on what types of food.  Peanut butter is a huge go to for my DD at convention weekends.
LoveJillyLilly2Dance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #14 
-mandarin orange cups
-grapes
-cheese
-pretzels
-twizzlers
-my DD loves the Honey BBQ beef jerky from Beef Jerky Outlet. 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: