Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Mitzy

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 
It's interesting how many of our girls have tried or currently wear Suffolks. I didn't know they were so popular! My daughter's first pair (at age 10)were Freed Studios, but she has been wearing Suffolk Solos and Spotlights for around 8 years now! They've proven to be pretty durable, although she now goes through at least 2pr/month. However, she may be circling back to Freeds soon, as the program she will be attending prefers them. I am so scared to venture into the whole maker thing! I thought I dodged that bullet.

OP, usually when people rotate shoes, they rotate multiple pairs of the same shoe, not 3 totally different shoes. I don't know if that would be difficult to adjust to or not. I guess that's something you could ask on the ballet forum.
Mitzy

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerinamom13
Freed gives discounts to kids enrolled in many Summer Intensives.  I've always taken full advantage.  Thank GOD I don't have to buy them anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a set number of shoes they are provided with? Is it based on performance schedules or can she just get as many as she wants? Either way, it must feel great!
Bonbonmama

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Oh I know that generally (unless they have specific reasons) a dancer has multiple pairs of the same shoe. It just so happened that we ended up having different options this time and from these, she will need to narrow it down and the goal is to have one "perfect" shoe and then just keep buying that one when they die. [smile] right now she is leaning towards (once these start going, remember they are all pretty much brand new!) either the Mirellas or the RPs. She really likes how the Mirellas allow her to articulate her foot but the RPs are harder and makes her work more. I think for now, the Suffolks will be out of the running for a bit once this pair dies. I like the price of the Mirellas, but worry that since they are softer, they will not be as durable or that DD will not be fully supported. She has strong feet, but not super flexible or those lovely high insteps...
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Mitzy - it's a set number this year, but they actually have given her more, and last year, a company member changed shoes and all her old shoes went to my dd.  Like 30 pairs.  It was heaven.[smile]
SiberianSwanPointeShoes

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Hello dear dancers!
For your information - Siberian Swan - new brand of pointe shoes on the market, working directly with the schools, and companies

http://www.siberianswan.com/

https://www.facebook.com/siberianswan/

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.