Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
HWC16

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all -

Looking for a good studio near Montclair, NJ, that focuses on technique and teaching the child to dance well. I've done a search on this forum and see a few studios come up again and again in neighboring counties, but I am hoping to stay within a 20min radius.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Is Dance Academy of NJ close? I do know For Dancer's Only is close but they've gone through a lot of changes. What about Prestige?
HWC16

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #3 
DANJ is the one I see posted most often. They're about 35 min out, without rush hour traffic from the City. Sadly, I think I have to draw the line. šŸ˜¬Thanks for the two other suggestions - I'll start researching!
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
How old is your dancer and do you want a large studio or small? FDO is good, my dd has a friend that goes there. We also know know someone (friend of a friend) at Prestige, and there's also Essex Dance Academy in Fairfield, dd has another friend that goes there. There's Nicole's Broadway in East Hanover, too, dd's friend that goes to Essex used to go there. We are in Nutley, dd goes to Dance Techniques but we are a tiny studio. DO you want competition? Feel free to PM as I know the area pretty well.
1tinydancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
 Beccasmom - did you change your profile pic to say" Please update your account to enable 3rd party posting"? 
Inspiredby3

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 
We just left Danj due to my daughter getting bullied there. For Dancers Only in Little Falls has some of the same teachers as Danj. We've competed against them and they were very competitive with Danj. Either Danj won or For Dancers only. Prestige and Essex dance are good competitive studios. We had an audition at Essex last week. If I lived that close to For Dancers Only, I would definitely go there. Everyone we met from there was very nice.
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
You got some great suggestions here. All good studios, have competed with them all. Let us know how it goes.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.