Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 
OP - I'm glad she was able to dance!!!  Ballerinas are tough. 

DD rolled her ankle in the 4th of 20 Nutcrackers.  She has no second and is doing party parent (easy, but must be on your feet walking around.  The dancing is just in heels), Snow, Flowers and Spanish.  She was checked out by the Company pt and acupuncturist, so at least someone has looked at it.  They both said medium sprain.  The Arnica seems to be helping and she's wearing a brace and icing endlessly and getting acupuncture and pt.  This is the first time she's ever done this, so it stinks.  Not only do they have 16 shows, but they are rehearsing Swan Lake too.  Really bad timing.  I was freaking out and tried to make her go to a dr after she sent me this:  
IMG_5976.JPG   

She adamantly refused.  She's 21 and knows everything....[bawl]

Mitzy

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Oh no! Sorry that happened! Did the company PT clear her to dance? I am surprised that they don't have anyone to cover her; a company of that size should have other dancers available to do snow and flowers for sure. I hope it gets better quickly.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Holy cow that doesn't look good!  When does she have to perform again? That looks like it is painful!
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzy
Oh no! Sorry that happened! Did the company PT clear her to dance? I am surprised that they don't have anyone to cover her; a company of that size should have other dancers available to do snow and flowers for sure. I hope it gets better quickly.

They started rehearsing really late because they had a ton of other setters there, even for the last show of the year.  That adversely affected the number of females that are actually ready to dance in the Nut.  The new people just didn't get enough rehearsal time.  They have enough people, they just aren't "show" ready.
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joriebelle
Holy cow that doesn't look good!  When does she have to perform again? That looks like it is painful!

Tomorrow night, I think.  It looks much better today, according to her....  We will see how it feels tonight.  They are getting out early because it's snowing again!!  It occasionally does snow there, but they just aren't prepared for more than an inch or so.....The extra rest will do her good.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Good luck to your DD tonight!  I hope that foot is much better by now
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joriebelle
Good luck to your DD tonight!  I hope that foot is much better by now

Thank you!!  She sees the PT at 5:00 to get taped.  She thinks she will be fine - we shall see!!  
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #33 
Merde to your dd! Fingers crossed that she is better!
gymanddance

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #34 
Wow that looks painful! I hope her show went well.
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #35 
Thank you joriebelle, tendumom and gymanddance - because of the "snow storm" in Portland, the PT decided not to show. The massage therapist was there, so he worked on her for awhile. A couple friends helped her tape it up and she got through it.  She had to go to a function after the show and I was asleep by the time she headed home, so I haven't really talked to her. I hope the pt decides to show up tonight.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerinamom13
Thank you joriebelle, tendumom and gymanddance - because of the "snow storm" in Portland, the PT decided not to show. The massage therapist was there, so he worked on her for awhile. A couple friends helped her tape it up and she got through it.  She had to go to a function after the show and I was asleep by the time she headed home, so I haven't really talked to her. I hope the pt decides to show up tonight.

Did the PT end up coming that night?  I hope she's able to rest it a little.
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #37 
Yes! Thank you for asking! No rest. 2 shows yesterday, 2 today, Monday off, then Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and last show Monday afternoon. She has danced all 4 roles in every show. The tape helps a lot!!
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #38 
Oh my goodness that poor girl!  She is certainly a trooper!  Hopefully her foot is still improving.  Just a few more shows to go; I'm sure she is doing wonderfully though!
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #39 
Thank you, joriebelle.  I was wrong. They are off today, 2 shows Tues., 2 shows Wed., 2 shows Thursday, 2 shows Friday and one Saturday.  The last one is Monday.  I'm really concerned.  It's really not getting better.  I feel like calling and yelling at them, as any mom would.  It's a little ridiculous that they can't give her a little bit of a break, but I have a feeling it's because she's not telling them.  
burghmom

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #40 
So glad to hear that it wasn't broken and that she was able to perform.  Injuries are so tough. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: