Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
pixxistikk

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Has anyone tried out https://www.easyflexibility.com? It keeps popping up of Facebook and it looks helpful. Does anyone have a review or opinion on it?
lotsofdancers

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
My girls have done some of the videos and I would say they are not really worth the $$.
PasDeChatMom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I researched them a few years ago and ran across an article somewhere discussing the dangers of this level of unassisted/unmoderated stretching at home. Of course I can't find the article now, but I did not end up purchasing any of the stretches after the research. Instead, we asked her ballet teacher and physical therapist for some safe at-home stretching exercises she could do...once warmed up. I think a lot of people forget that stretching is not a warmup, it is something done after your muscles are already warm. 

2dornot2d

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
My DD14 has a couple, but I wouldn't recommend to anybody. I wanted her to do it after dance classes before bed… who has time for that? [biggrin]

One of them was just 4 exercises and repeat 3 times. Not worth $40.
Sidhe14

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I agree, it was not worth the $ for us.DD was not interested in stretching when I got it. We tried it once and I didn't push it because she is young. Now that she is interested in stretching daily, she still doesn't want to use the DVD. She will do the stretching exercises used in class instead. The DVD was 3 or 4 moves that you then repeat yourself. It definitely takes a self-motivated person. I can't comment as to whether it works.
heartmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
I had always wondered, too. They make it sound like "revolutionary" stretches. Like something not taught in typically classes. Which I take it they aren't?
dancingpeanut

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I bought one of the videos for DD to try. She has done it exactly once. It was nothing revolutionary, and extemely poor in production quality. You tube quality videos at a high price.
PasDeChatMom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Speaking of YouTube, Kathryn Morgan has some good videos for strengthening and stretching. I don't think you will see any insane over stretching, but it's free!
prancer

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks for the reviews.  I have been curious, but when I looked at the sample video, I suspected it was low production quality, so its good to know that the videos are not worth the money.  
marabbit

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Thank you for the reviews. I have been tempted several times to order them when they pop up in Facebook. Glad to not have something else to spend money on lol.
PrimaMomma

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
My friend purchased the Turn Out video for her dd10 and was really disappointed.
crafty1

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quality is not good. I think they prefer if you download, as opposed to buying the DVDs. We bought the DVDs for getting her splits. First time DD did it (after dance class), she almost pulled a muscle. She was done at that point. Plus, she told me that our brand-new DVD was scratched.
sarahannexo

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingpeanut
I bought one of the videos for DD to try. She has done it exactly once. It was nothing revolutionary, and extemely poor in production quality. You tube quality videos at a high price.

I've been wondering this as well. Also I've wondered how some knock off hasn't ended up on youtube. I'm interested, but if they're not working for others.. Not bothering, I could get three privates for what they ask for some of those bundles
lauraberney

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Hi pixxistikk, thanks for sharing it! There’s also a very nice article on stretching and flexibility for kids. Check it out: Basic Dance Stretching Exercise for Beginners
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: