Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Billpayer2000

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I know there is another thread about this, but I tweaked that plan a bit and came up with this.  Total cost about $40.  

[File%20Apr%2030%2C%206%2051%2033%20PM] 
[File%20Apr%2030%2C%206%2051%2016%20PM] 

[File%20Apr%2030%2C%206%2051%2046%20PM] 

Buy using the T pieces at the top, she can hang her pack to rack mirror at the end.

ScottishDanceMum

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Looks good!  I've been tweaking my DIY design too - I'll try to post pics tomorrow [wink]

aking9957

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Outstanding, I wish this was out a few years ago before we spent the money on the dream duffel
ScottishDanceMum

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 

I finally got my photos done!  I started with a 40" bag (£15) and a double hanging rack (£7) off Ebay.  The ordered some bits and bobs and decorating everything with coloured tape, stars and my hot glue gun.  Now I've got it just about how I want it, so now it's time to fill up the hangers and start dancing!

The whole thing, put together:

The front curtain - made from a shower curtain from the pound shop [wink]

Bargain stools, decorated so they don't look like anyone else [wink]

The side view, showing the mirror.  It folds into itself so it's only the size of 1 mirror.  The top one is a white board to write down competition times.

The Costume Bags

The "everything" hanger!

And while I had all the stuff out, a Tutu Bag to match.

Billpayer2000

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
That looks fantastic.
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Really great job ScottishDanceMum!
ScottishDanceMum

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Thanks!  I can be really creative sometimes... it's nice to have some inspiration.  My daughter hates pink, so she picked the bag and we worked from there.  

For the bottom, I put the base of the rack together, and used zip ties to fasten it to the base of the bag (it's a pull duffel, so there's some bars along the bottom under the base... I poked holes in the lining and fed the zip ties through that.  I could have bought a single rack for £2 cheaper, but the two rails leaves room for a curtain (plus her tutu bag hangs sideways behind the curtain as it's too wide to fit on the other bar.)  Having the tutu bag on the other rail helps balance the whole rack contraption too.  

The only time it's fallen over is when I was hanging my ironing on it... 15 tops and 5 shirts made it crash to the floor!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.