Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
JRC

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I'm having a hard time finding a compatible hip hop duo parter for 8 yr old DD. Should the dancer's be at the same skill level? How much variation in skill level would be allowed for competition if they are the same age? 
Thanks!
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
My DD had many duets over her 14 years of competing (usually at least 2 each year). I never once picked a duet partner for my DD and neither did she. It was always her DT's who did the selecting for all groups and duet/trios. I would leave it up to them to decide on a good fit.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Our duet partners were always picked by the DT/SO.  They know best who will fit together well.
rubydancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
At our studio, you pick your duo partner. Complete nightmare. Leave it up to the DT/SO. They will know better which girls are are a good fit all around. At one point the SO was calling me asking what was going on between DD and her duet partner, and I came to find out the girl was totally icing out my DD, wouldn't practice with her outside of their designated time, and was saying nasty stuff about her to other girls on the team. That was a character-building year!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.