Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I guess the title says it all.  Beyond the obvious Steps and BDC.  Dd will be in nyc for 2 wks in June.. first week is Joffrey's MT SI, second is the Rockettes SI... and then will leave for her 5 wk ballet SI 2 days later. She's not at all happy about not having ballet class for two weeks... especially since they will audition for the end of program production almost immediately and fears she'll be rusty.  Would be looking for something in the evening, obviously.  Any thoughts?  TIA
diglass

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
My college dance major likes the ballet classes at Ballet Academy East (BAE). Peridance and the Ailey Extension are other options. It may depend on what class fits into her schedule. I'm sure any ballet class in the city would be good.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Sounds like she'd be looking for evening classes. Ballet Arts in City Center has a few ballet classes in the evening, though some are absolute beginner. I do not know if Joffrey's open classes in the evening stop for once the SIs begin or not. 

There is usually a nightly advanced class at Steps, around 6:30pm or so, M-F. That generally continues throughout the summer. 
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you!
threegirlpileup

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Two teachers my dd has loved are Beth Goheen (she took a class from her at BDC) and Juan Rodriguez (also at BDC and I think Steps--she especially enjoyed his contemporary ballet class). Her home teacher highly recommended Graciela Kozack--we haven't had the chance to take class from her, but she has some classes at Peridance.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: