Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Has anyone installed this?  The new one...that increases the height of the rack by 10 inches?   It seems like it makes the whole set up really unstable.  Are any of you experiencing that?
Klba37

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I have it, but not installed yet. I am planning on doing that this weekend. Hopefully it will work and not flip it over.
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Oh good....do it soon. [smile]  It feels like the whole thing is trying to fall over.  I am wondering if I did it wrong.  Last weekend, dd put it up against the wall to keep it steady.  It is great to get the extra height though.  You can actually see into the bag and use it as your "discard" place.
emcandance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
We have it and the extension bar off to the side.  The height extender did not make it more tipsy, no different from before, if that makes sense?
I love it because it does give us more room in the fact longer costumes are not hanging in her bag,
Thinking about making a curtain to hang for more privacy but I haven't decided if I want to go there.  Have any of you used one? Thoughts?

cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcandance
We have it and the extension bar off to the side.  The height extender did not make it more tipsy, no different from before, if that makes sense?
I love it because it does give us more room in the fact longer costumes are not hanging in her bag,
Thinking about making a curtain to hang for more privacy but I haven't decided if I want to go there.  Have any of you used one? Thoughts?

Dang it...what do you think I did wrong?  It's not like there are 2 ways to put it on.  If we put the side extender bar on it, it would go over for sure.
emcandance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynmckee
Quote:

Dang it...what do you think I did wrong?  It's not like there are 2 ways to put it on.  If we put the side extender bar on it, it would go over for sure.

So do you have the extender bar to make it taller, correct?  We put it on and she has used it now for 3 shows and we didn't have it go over.  I did have to contact them to make sure we could use both extenders at the same time( height and then the 8" off to the side).

I have the med bag?  Maybe a small might be more unstable???just a thought.
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So do you have the extender bar to make it taller, correct?  We put it on and she has used it now for 3 shows and we didn't have it go over.  I did have to contact them to make sure we could use both extenders at the same time( height and then the 8" off to the side).

I have the medium but I don't have the screws in very tight (or at all) because I thought it might be nice to be able to remove it easily.  Maybe that is the issue?  I think I am going to have to order more screws or hit ACE hardware because I'm not sure I have those anymore.  I didn't think it would matter because those braces are on pretty tight...the ones between the old rack and the new portion.  How it's unstable is it wants to roll toward the long ends...can you  picture it?  The whole thing is floppy.
Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have the medium but I don't have the screws in very tight (or at all) because I thought it might be nice to be able to remove it easily.  Maybe that is the issue?  I think I am going to have to order more screws or hit ACE hardware because I'm not sure I have those anymore.  I didn't think it would matter because those braces are on pretty tight...the ones between the old rack and the new portion.  How it's unstable is it wants to roll toward the long ends...can you  picture it?  The whole thing is floppy.

I think it's the lack of screws. I made that mistake with the side extender bar. It was so wobbly.
kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
We have a regular small Rac 'n roll with a regular height bar. When DD has costumes that hang down low or impede our ability to see into the duffle it drives me nuts.  So each costume goes back into a lightweight garment bag (from the dollar store) that I stuck a cheap eye connector through the bottom of.  Then we just lift the bottom up and hook it over the top rack (so now both top and bottom are connected to the rack.  The costume is now half the length it originally was, is softly folded so it won't crease, and we can see into the bag.  (And while I'm at it, why are the insides of the bags BLACK???? I put a light coloured piece of cardboard into the bottom just so things would show up against it.  Urgh).  

And when I have the chance, the long costumes go out to the car after use.  
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tinydancer
How in the @*#&^(@* do you get the end caps OFF??? They will not budge!

Welcome to my hell.
dancermom28

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Has anyone successfully completed the Height Extension? I had my extension delivered a few weeks ago, but just never got around to adding to my Small Dream Duffel. What do I need to worry about and how do I make sure it is secure? I was hoping to get the Dream Duffel up an going for picture day in a couple of weeks.

Klba37

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
I added the extension this weekend. It doesn't move any more than it did before. Love the height.
crafty1

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
On the Dream Duffel website, there are several instructional videos. Go to "Resources" and "Videos". I'm not 100% sure because I don't have the extension, but I think I saw one there about how to install it.
twinmommytx

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:

I used a curtain last year that I threw together from a walmart curtain.  It doesn't really offer a lot of privacy because you can still see from 3-4 sides.  Typically I would put my daughter between me and the curtain and it was a little bit of privacy.  I had an adorable one made for her this year with her company colors and her name on it.  It's so cute!  If you really want the curtains to provide some privacy it's helpful to set up next to others who have curtains.  You can line the DDs up or put them in a circle for a larger area.
emcandance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crafty1
On the Dream Duffel website, there are several instructional videos. Go to "Resources" and "Videos". I'm not 100% sure because I don't have the extension, but I think I saw one there about how to install it.

I also emailed them and called them.  They were a great help.
czmcdaniel

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #16 
I know this is an old post - but I'm looking for info on the extension.  Can you use it with an extra bar so you would have two bars?  I was thinking of buying one and then using the top bar for a curtain and then hanging the costumes off the lower (regular height) bar - is this possible?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: