Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
ChelleB70

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
We were just told that because there's going to be another show going on the same weekend we are down a couple dressing rooms for recital so no Dream Duffels allowed.  My daughter has 5 costumes and the last time I went without one they just slid all over the floor in their garment bags.  I don't have a rack and wouldn't that take up just as much room?  Any ideas?
stpierremom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Would they allow a group of you to bring one garment rack to share?
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Ok, that sounds crazy but stuff happens!

I would just put the costumes in individual Ziploc bags (gallon or larger if needed) and put the bags in a suitcase or smaller duffel.  Use a suitcase or duffel that is just large enough to hold all of her costumes and her other stuff. 
mackiecat

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
You can get a cheap tripod clothes rack at Walmart
ChelleB70

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I can see if anyone else has a rack that I can share.  It just seems like it'll take up just as much room....if not more.  I like the idea of the gallon zip lock bags.  The only one that wouldn't fit would be her ballet costume bc of the tutu but she's wearing that first.
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
I would see if someone has a large rack or 2 large racks that all can share.  I have a large one that could maybe do 8 people and we have a lot of costumes.  It would take up the room of 2 duffels....so that would be a space saver.  Everyone would need to have their names in their costumes though.
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackiecat

That's what I used the first year and see a lot of people using them.  They work great. Cheap and take up very little space. Of course, you can always just carry everything in a laundry basket.  I see a lot of that too.  It's not fancy but it keeps everything together and easily accessible and, really, isn't that point?
dancedaughters

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Laundry baskets are the standard way of doing this at our studio.
ChelleB70

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi459
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackiecat

That's what I used the first year and see a lot of people using them.  They work great. Cheap and take up very little space. Of course, you can always just carry everything in a laundry basket.  I see a lot of that too.  It's not fancy but it keeps everything together and easily accessible and, really, isn't that point?

NO!!!  I MUST be organized!!  LOL
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: