Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
dance010

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
hello again! I found this adorable dance outfit on Discount Dance and was wondering if i get it in black, do you think DD could wear it to ballet? Do you think it counts as a leo? 

Thank you moms for all putting up with my silly (but serious) questions [crazy]

https://www.discountdance.com/dancewear/style_NL200.html?pid=26258&Shop=Style&SID=1124923708
kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
It wouldn't count as a ballet leo in any studio DD has danced in.  Others may have had a different experience.    
Julieg

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
It says leotard in the description so I would argue that it is in fact a leo.  It might look strange with tights if they stick up into the mesh area.  I think it would probably be ok at our studio.  
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
That's not a class leo, it's a costume (a leotard costume).  I don't think a ballet teacher would be amused (I'd say the same thing if it was covered in sequins.
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
DD would not have been allowed to wear that leo for her ballet classes.  

I love it, but she would not have wanted to wear something like that to ballet even it were approved, definitely looks more costumey and not quite like ballet class.
PasDeChatMom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
That wouldn't pass muster at our ballet school unless it was an open dress code day.
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 

I completely agree with emmymom! Pretty but not for class. And my DD would also agree.

tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Definitely wouldn't pass for a ballet leo at our studio.
BCdancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Not allowed in our studio either for (ballet)
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Cute costume but absolutely not appropriate for a ballet class. That is a Leo meant to be worn without tights.
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Not for class for sure. One of our soloists wears something similar for her Jazz solo.
Angel2228

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Great costume! Definitely not appropriate for ballet. Maybe jazz with shorts
Ktyyyyyyy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Yes it looks like a leotard, but no it doesn't look like a leotard for ballet class. DD's ballet teacher would definitely not approve of it. DD has some leotards that have mesh, but the mesh is either near the neckline or in the back. She would never wear a leotard to ballet class that shows her stomach. This would be great for a contemporary solo though.

It was cool to see this picture though, because the girl in the picture is actually one of dd's friends.
1tinydancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancermom128
Cute costume but absolutely not appropriate for a ballet class. That is a Leo meant to be worn without tights.

This is what I was going to say. It's also a very popular style at the comps I've been to this year.
czmcdaniel

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Not likely - but when in doubt ask the teacher before you buy... you never know.  
Kfish1987

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Very popular at dance conventions
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Our ballet teacher would send them home lol. I agree with meatball, it's a costume Leo and not a class leo.
DanceTumbleCheerMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
would not be allowed at our studio
dave9988

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Leo?  Yes.

Appropriate for most ballet classes?  No.

Wearable for some jazz/contemporary rehearsals?  Sure, depending on the school.
Bonbonmama

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Very pretty, excellent base for a costume. It's definitely a leotard, but like others have said, not appropriate for ballet class. I could see it for conventions, no problem.
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 
My dd wears one very similar to tech class before rehearsal once in awhile, but there is no dress code for Companies.  They can wear whatever they want.  It would not have been allowed in her school classes except for Saturday morning classes when there was no dress code.
DanceForFun

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Our studio is conservative in terms of leos and costumes so we wouldn't be able to. Very cute though!
oliviablond

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #23 
My DD wears something very similar for her gymnastics classes. She wears it occasionally with gymnastics shorts over it. 
For competiotion we've recently purchased this bright anf juicy leotard at the rhythmic gymnastic store:
[67-ivanhoe] 

The quality is amazing!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: