Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
mkat

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Do you think that there is a big difference in shine between the different Swarovski stones...2028, 2058 and 2088?  Do the 2088 shine a lot more than the 2028 or can you not really tell the difference?  Thank you!
jujusmom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
From the stage they all shimmer... no one would know if they were the old version or the new version.  That is my story and I'm sticking to it as I clear out all of my older crystals [wink]
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Truth be told, I do think there is a difference.  There are subtle differences in the stones such as an increase in facets and differences in cut shape so technically they've been made to have greater shimmer. 

However, I wouldn't hesitate to use the older stones, especially if you mix them in with the newer stones in a random pattern. 

If you are outlining a strap or something along a line, then just stick with the same style number and I don't think anyone would ever notice. 
Emmie46

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Is there a vast difference between just crystals and the Swarovski ones? I’m stoning my daughters first solo costume and there was a big difference in cost.
prancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Emmie46, I love Swarovski, but I don’t think you have to buy them. My daughter’s solo costume came pre-stones this year with low quality stones, and it is gorgeous on stage. More than enough sparkle and shine under the lights.
Emmie46

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by prancer
Emmie46, I love Swarovski, but I don’t think you have to buy them. My daughter’s solo costume came pre-stones this year with low quality stones, and it is gorgeous on stage. More than enough sparkle and shine under the lights.

Thank you! Our SD just said stones so I didn’t know if it mattered.
Ca2Ny2Mo

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I only read a few of there. But fact is that Swarovski vs CZ is not different. UNLESS your looking for specific color. Also the shades could vary slightly on some colors . So that depends on what you prefer. But the cuts on the stone are the same and the lead content in the same. Quite often CZ stones are better than Swarovski. The name brand is best on clothing item used in fashion and up close non stage wear. On stage your just paying more for no good reason. I have mostly used CZ stones and everybody thought they were Swarovski. Her costume looked no different! It’s all just fact and not opinion. Safe yourself the money!!! Now Swarovski has the shimmer colors that are amazing. They are different than AB versions. He shimmer shows more of the true stone color than an ab version does. An AB version can often look nothing like its counter part.
Hope this means something. It’s truth ☺️
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.