Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Phx115

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I bought DD11 an Alicia with cap sleeves in purple for a Xmas gift. See pic.

She immediately tried it on and she loves it!

I can't believe how it really flatters her body.

However, it isn't exactly an SI audition leo. She has a few SI auditions coming up in the next 3-1/2 weeks and I'm on a quest to find an Alicia in all black or navy or burgundy with cap sleeves, adult XS. I tend to go a bit big in sizing for leos to get more life out of them. She is still petite - 4'9 and about 70-72 lbs. I've looked on eBay, and there was a pre-owned one in an adult small. Do they shrink at all?

There's no time to special order, and any type of black Alicia is sold out in her size. Do you know of other resale web sites for Yumikos?

Attached Images
png IMG_0389.png (320.03 KB, 6 views)

tiptoemom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
@phx115 did you call the store in NYC to see what they have available? I've had them mail out leotards before and it was really quick. Does she need a black leotard for her auditions? Some places don't care. We always traded around at school or summer intensives, but I know they are on ebay periodically.
Phx115

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I will give them a call in the morning.

Most of the SI auditions say a solid color leo, so the floral on top and the purple bottom half just seem too much. She's always worn Black or Navy leos for most everything until this past summer when she got a rainbow of colors. I'm still getting used to her wearing a mint leo to class.
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
DD has their knock off in a similar style but not solid black.  A little trim is fine for a SI audition but nothing that's too busy.
https://www.discountdance.com/dancewear/style_ME561.html?&pid=26227&Shop=Style&&skey=mylist%3A117039&search=true&SortOrder=R&SID=1237955712

Phx115

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks for the link! I figured by now there would probably be a knock-off or two.

The v-neck and cap sleeve seem to flatter DD, so I'll search around, too.
PasDeChatMom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Definitely call or email the store, I've had luck with that method on the past. 

No they don't really shrink so I wouldn't try to get a small.

I've had the most success selling my daughter's old Yumikos on Instagram. I have a couple for sale in a Facebook group right now but no interest in them there. Usually on Instagram they are sold within a week. Just search for variations on the Yumiko hashtag - #yumikoforsale #yumikoleotards etc
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.