Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
DanceTumbleCheerMom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceForFun
Hi Ballet Moms,  My DD is on a team that does several styles of dance. This year she got the go ahead to begin pointe. She will not be competing it  as our girls do not compete pointe until they are more experienced. She has had three classes and loves it ,but, her feet hurt so much once she gets home that it is hard for her to get to sleep. They hurt a bit the next morning but seems to wear off later.  I feel so badly that she has phys. ed at school the morning after pointe class. Not easy to run a mile in sore feet. Yikes

Do any of you have any secrets/suggestions for helping sore feet?

Thanks !

We are in a similar situation.  My DD(12 in 2 weeks) has just added the pre pointe class this year.  Like you its a 30 minute class after one of her ballet classes.  She has not experienced any pain like you have described , but 2 others in her class (11, 14 year old sisters) have they are doing something strange with their toes when they go up    Our new pointe teacher has a degree in dance science and is trying to help them, but they may not be able to continue.   

I agree with the others, she may not be ready, or it may be an issue with her feet.   please get her checked.  
heikedog

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmpmom

So DD hung up her gorgeously fit and barely used Freeds ...

Those wouldn't happen to be the Classic Pro 4.5X maker T by any chance, would they?  I ask sort of tongue-in-cheek, but they're nearly impossible to find and DD's last two pair are in their death throes.  [smile]
kmpmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by heikedog

Those wouldn't happen to be the Classic Pro 4.5X maker T by any chance, would they?  I ask sort of tongue-in-cheek, but they're nearly impossible to find and DD's last two pair are in their death throes.  [smile]

They're Classic Pro 5 D XXX.  When DD was fit at the Shoe Room, the fitter told us that most of their corps dancers wear Classic Pro's and they had a lot of sizes to choose from.  You might want to try them  -  https://www.theshoeroom.ca/

BallerinaPaisley06

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #29 
DD's former studio has a pre-point class, but no pointe shoes are allowed.  It's really just a class with ankle and feet exercises.
camercad

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Echoing what everyone has already said. But, adding a question - I am wondering if it is muscle cramping due muscles being too cold and/or her foot muscles need more strengthening work with a theraband. 
dancemom7777

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #31 
We had a similar situation with our dancer and it turns out she had been fitted for the wrong shoes. We took her to a different dance store where she got fitted for another type of pointe shoe and she's not had a problem since.

lauraberney

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #32 

I know it’s always tough to learn ballet and perfect an en Pointe, but your DD should be proud because not many dancers can do it. Yes, her feet may ache, but that will pay off handsomely in the long run. After some time, it will become a routine for her, and it won’t hurt much. However, I can pass on some tips that I use with my DD. See below:

Loosen up your feet and walk around barefoot after class.
Massage your feet when you get home after class.
Relax your feet by placing them in warm water with salt added.
Add movement to your feet and toes by massaging and bending them forward and back.

All the best!

tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraberney

I know it’s always tough to learn ballet and perfect an en Pointe, but your DD should be proud because not many dancers can do it. Yes, her feet may ache, but that will pay off handsomely in the long run. After some time, it will become a routine for her, and it won’t hurt much. However, I can pass on some tips that I use with my DD. See below:

Add movement to your feet and toes by massaging and bending them forward and back.

All the best!

I thought your DD was 3 years old?
brizziemum

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #34 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraberney

All the best!

tappin mom
I thought your DD was 3 years old?
 Yes this is a very impressive three year old. Maybe Laura you should start again and introduce yourself properly in the welcome wagon. You seem a strange mix of dance experience and no idea how to raise a "toddler". Just my two cents worth.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: