Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I'm always proud of my girl and her accomplishments but last night the SO told me something that really warmed my heart. 

So for the Christmas performance the SO asked if dd14 would be the Sugar Plum fairy and dance with what she called "the itty bittys" (4-5 year olds).  DD was honored to be asked as she wasn't asked to do those kind of things at her old studio.  So she learned her solo piece of the dance separately and then joined the itty bittys for 1 rehearsal before the show.  The SO introduced her as Ballerina Lucy.

Last night the SO shared with me that 1 little girl keeps asking her during class "When is Ballerina Lucy coming to dance with us?" and that the girl's mother told her that the girl dances around the living room pretending to be Ballerina Lucy.

It means so much to me that she can be an inspiration and a role model to a young dancer.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
That is too precious.  [smile]  Thanks for sharing!
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
That is so sweet!!! You must be so proud.
Eliwel

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Love this! Thank you for sharing!
BallerinaPaisley06

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
How sweet!
IreneP

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
So precious!
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks everyone!  I am proud and I think Lucy was really touched.  Because of her previous dance studio, she doesn't think much of herself.  We are on the road to recovery!
sandj

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
That is indeed a sweet story! To me, this is one of the reasons that dance can be such an amazing experience for kids. How wonderful for both girls! Love it!!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.