Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
dance010

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Have any of you been to or know about Dancer Palooza? I am looking into it for teenage DD but don't want to pay for her to attend basically a glorified convention. We already attend conventions throughout the year with our studio. Do dancers actually grow at this program? Is it very beneficial? She would most likely do the contemporary intensive, or the crash course. Curious as to the feedback you all will have 
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
The Collective is amazing, my DD has done it the last 2 summers. Yes, you can absolutely grown from it but it is also a convention. It's not an intensive where you have teachers who correct you. You only get each choreographer once. I personally wouldn't recommend doing Crash Course if you are looking for growth. Those classes are a great addition to the others but they are extremely crowded especially for the really big names (Mia, Travis, Mark Meismer). Collectives classes are crowded but not over so, there is definitely plenty of room to dance. Ultimately, I think the Collective is an incredible experience but if you're looking for a true SI, this isn't it.
Ktyyyyyyy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
DD did Dancer Palooza two years in a row, doing the Collective both years. I probably would actually call it a glorified convention, but not in a bad way. The classes are run like convention classes. They're big classes without a lot of individualized attention. Most classes a combo was taught, although I do know that Denise Wall taught technique instead, which my dd loved. Overall, Dancer Palooza was a very positive experience for dd. I don't know if she definitely improved from that week, but she was certainly inspired and had a great time. We live only an hour away though, and she had a partial scholarship, so our costs were low. If you have to fly and stay in a hotel for an entire week, I'm not sure whether or not the cost would be worth it.
Overloaded

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I'm curious as well, has anyone attended Aria in the past? We have plans to go and a room reserved but the other dancer and mom we were going to split costs with backed out. Now I'm trying to decide what to do. DD could really use some extra ballet this summer but we would have to travel several hours to attend.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: